Skip to content

waiting for the shaman is stopping me from playing a BG1 save to import

I want to do it all with one character, but even more importantly I want to get the stat tomes. So I could play a different character through BG1 while I wait, then make a shaman in the expansion and use eekeeper, but I really don't want to. Also I do not know if we will be able to simply start a new character at the expansion quest like with TOB after SOA.

I have owned bgee and bgee since launch but hardly played them due to paralysis of selecting a character class. I would have done wizard slayer if they did anything to buff them. Thief/mage is tempting. A divine sorcerer was something I actually suggested on these boards, so I have hopes I will enjoy shaman, even if I prefer the cleric spells. But they are close enough.

Ambien I addling my brain. I hope this makes sense.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    PugPug said:

Also I do not know if we will be able to simply start a new character at the expansion quest like with TOB after SOA.

You'll be able to.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    PugPug said:

I want to do it all with one character, but even more importantly I want to get the stat tomes. So I could play a different character through BG1 while I wait, then make a shaman in the expansion and use eekeeper, but I really don't want to. Also I do not know if we will be able to simply start a new character at the expansion quest like with TOB after SOA.

I have owned bgee and bgee since launch but hardly played them due to paralysis of selecting a character class. I would have done wizard slayer if they did anything to buff them. Thief/mage is tempting. A divine sorcerer was something I actually suggested on these boards, so I have hopes I will enjoy shaman, even if I prefer the cleric spells. But they are close enough.

Ambien I addling my brain. I hope this makes sense.

They actually did buff the Wizard Slayer. The 10% miscast debuff now works with ranged weapons. So, a dart slinging Wizard slayer can have an enemy caster up to 100% miscast chance almost lightning fast.
  • NolrogNolrog Member Posts: 16
    I'm playing thru anyway with an archer. I'll go thru the three games and then in my next run, I'll start a shaman.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    We will be able to start BG:EE with a shaman PC in Candlekeep after installing the expansion though, right?
  • NhullNhull Member Posts: 37
    I believe I read you can do that with the next patch, not even the expansion. Not sure if thats correct though.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    As far as I know, they are going to release a patch for bgee/bg2ee some time before the release of siege of dragonspear, and that patch should include the shaman.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I wouldn't count on the patch being "some time before" the SoD release. From what the devs have said so far, it seems to me likely that they're planning it to be roughly simultaneous with the release.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    The exact quot from the devs can be found here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/655285/#Comment_655285

"Yes, BG:EE will receive a patch ahead of the release of Siege."