Skip to content

Recovering a lost manual

Greetings!

I managed to make this clumsy move and dropped the engineering manual from Chapter V somewhere (I don't know what I was thinking at that very moment). I am afraid it disappeared when I traveled to another region (I tested with a random history book from Gerth's shoppe and it seems that most dropped items disappear when you leave an area). I also have become used with the quick-saves so I don't have any saves left where I still have the manual.

Hence the question: how could I re-acquire the manual? Could I generate it with some cheat? Or am I fated to play with another party until Chapter V, pick up the manual and then import the character? I wouldn't be making a fuzz about it, but it is my first HoF run and starting over would be a pain at this point.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im assuming you mean the manual to get you over to the frost giant cave? if you have the cheats activated there's one of 2 things you can do 1) summon in the manual via the cheat console or 2) crtl+shft+J over the bridge, you miss out on 60 000 xp for using the manual but that might be an easier alternative
  • WeenogWeenog Member Posts: 5
    Well, in the end I managed to get it back via cheating, but not in a direct way. I tried to summon it, but the game for some reason did not recognize the manual's file name (BOOKENG). I had to use EE Keeper to draft it into an exported character's inventory and then add that character to my party in multiplayer mode. In short, the problem is solved and the show goes on. Thanks for the support.