Skip to content

INVITATION TO FOLLOW MY PLAYTHROUGH

CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
edited November 2015 in Challenges and Playthroughs
Hi folks, I just wanted to invite your attention to my no-reload playthrough if you're inclined & have the time to take a look every now & then when you're here visiting the forum.

My playthrough is entitled, "The Adventures of Sir (Lord) Gawain in Faerun (Pre-Camelot)" (Minimum Reload - Spoiler Warning). This is a 'completionist' play though w/the PC, Gawain, being based on Sir Gawain as detailed to the letter, e.g. beginning stats, alignment, personality, on his persona in 'Deities & Demigods' an old D&D publication. 'Completionist' meaning this is not just a PC following the storyline, this is a PC that has been to almost every possibly sidequest from BG/TotSC thru SoA and now ToB. If a subquest was skipped it simply just didn't make sense to do it based on where Gawain was in the story, e.g. it makes no sense for the PC to run back to BG right after he escapes the Candlekeep catacombs. More likely, the PC would lay low for a while try to find a way to defend himself, besides @ 6th Level or whatever he was then, he wasn't about to overpower the Flaming Fist in a battle to the death to find Sarevok (now @ 30th Level, yeah, he could do that). :<) Laying low opens up all the possibilities offered in TotSC & it makes sense that a competent leader would use those adventures to train his party to improve as a combined arms team making best use of his tanks, his artillery and his special ops folks to turn them into a cohesive unit on the battlefield, able to close with & destroy any enemy.

Gawain rose to to Sir Gawain . I role played that King Arthur had been following the path of Gawain (all the way from Camelot) through the magic eyes of Merlin. Upon completion of the Nashkel Mines, King Arthur, Merlin & Sir Lancelot visited him quietly in disguise @ the Nashkel Inn. In a small ceremony, behind Nashkel Inn (so as not to draw attention) Arthur Knighted Gawain w/Merlin, Lancelot, Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc & Dynahier as witnesses...the only light that dark night emanating from Merlin's magics, Sir Gawain became Lord Gawain his status as savior of D'Arnise Castle & on the terms he agreed to w/Nalia. When he started his adventures, his view of the world was True Neutral but he has since clearly become a champion of Law & Goodness in the realms...as pointed out to me by my some of my online BG friends who noticed, like a good Dungeon Master back in the day would have done, that my PCs actions & thinking were LG, not TN.

For what it's worth this character started as a Level 1 Fighter with his introductory post being August 24, 2014. Now well more than a year later he has is in Abazigal's Lair & has never fallen from BG/TotSC thru SOA & now into TOB.

The story of this character is that these are his 'pre-Camemlot' adventures, as agreed to that night behind the Nashkel Inn. Once Lord Gawain has finished his important mission here, saving the peoples of Faerun from the evil that threatens to enslave them...or destroy them, he will then be met by a member of Arthur's inner circle, who will be his sponsor. He has already sworn the remainder of his years to serving another realm, far across the sea, in a court called 'Camelot,' one of the few places Gawain w/all his years of learning in the Library @ Candlekeep, has never heard of. Once he completes his mission he'll be invited to join Arthur's Round Table.

When he hears someone speak to him the words, "...The gift of freedom is yours by right." he has been given his challenge.

"He response is to be, "But the home we seek resides not in some distant land. It's in us! And in our actions on this day! "

It is then that he & his sponsor will depart on a ship readying for them to take Gawain to his home in that, "distant land" far away.

Today he is supported by a fantastic party: Auren, Apprentice (Fighter)/26; Keldorn, Paladin/Inquisitor/24; Anomen Fighter/17//Watcher of Helm//18; Imoen, Thief (Charming Rogue/31) and Sarah Ranger (Beast Master/24).

I'm pretty excited as I've never made a play through in BB/TotSC much less SOA/TOB but my comanions & my PC are a handful now.

C'mon on over & join Gawain, the weathers great. Better yet, think of a mythical or historical fighure of your own & make a run @ the big prize, "A COMPLETIONIST, ROLE-PLAYED, FORAY THRU ALL THAT BG/BG2 HAS TO OFFER. I prefer BG Tutu & vanilla BG2/SOA/TOB games modded the way I like them but if you like EE, go for it. The most important thing is that you play. CT
Post edited by CharlestonianTemplar on

Comments

• CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    edited January 2016
    Nothing to see here... :wink:
  • MirageMirage Member Posts: 81
    Hi :smile:@CharlestonianTemplar

I just entered the forums after some time.
    Edit your original post and make a link to your playthrough...it will help a lot.
    I like reading playthroughs and I feel it is so boring looking for it when there so many in the forums. Actually I prefer writing this comment...it is faster!

I hope you get my point!
    I will check your playthrough btw!
  • Mirage said:

Hi :smile:@CharlestonianTemplar

I just entered the forums after some time.
    Edit your original post and make a link to your playthrough...it will help a lot.
    I like reading playthroughs and I feel it is so boring looking for it when there so many in the forums. Actually I prefer writing this comment...it is faster!

I hope you get my point!
    I will check your playthrough btw!

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/33964/the-adventures-of-sir-lord-gawain-in-faerun-pre-camelot-minimum-reload-spoiler-warning#latest

Hi Mirage, I think the link above will take you straight to page 1. Gawain completed his completionist no-reload/role playing run back in November with his defeat of Melisan.

I am in the process of reinstalling BGT and finishing a book called 'Le Morte d'Arthur' by Sir Thomas Mallory. I will likely beginning a new run shortly with Galahad, Bruce Sans Pitie' or maybe even Merlin. For me the most important part is role-playing the PC, that's why I read a book or two on them before I start so I can act in every situation like I think they would. Oh well, I'm blabbering. I hope you enjoy reading through Gawain's adventures - it took me 14 months or so to go from Candlekeep to the Throne of Bhaal to defeat Melisan. Yes, I'm a slow player. I also didn't research Gawain well enough, b/c he's definitely not Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral maybe. CT