Skip to content

[Dupe, #11013] Cancelling a sorcerer level up causes you to permanently lose your spell pick

Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
edited November 2015 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
So, I was playing Heart of Fury mode, and was in the first cave where the orcs and ogres are. I had started with a level 1 party, and my sorcerer had just reached level 4. I started the level up process, reached the part where I could pick my first level 2 spell, and then realized I wanted to create a save game at this point as a backup. Reason being, picking the right level 2 spell could be the difference between beating the ogres and not beating them.

I pushed the escape button to cancel the level up so that I could save. I opened up the character record screen to see if the level up button was still available, and it was greyed up. A message box popped up saying something like, "You did not finish picking your spells, would you like to pick them now?" I selected No as I still had not saved yet.

However, after selecting No, there was no way for me to go back and pick the spell. My spell book showed that I could cast level 3 spells (I think it said 0/3 spells available), but I had no selected spell in my spell book. And no way to restart the level up process so that I could pick a spell.

Suggestions for reproduction:
Start a level 1 sorcerer character
Use the console to level up to a level where you pick a new spell
Cancel the level up
Open the record screen
Select no
Post edited by Jalily on
This discussion has been closed.