Skip to content

[mod] Party AI universal script

I've been working for the last week on an AI script. My Intention was that the script should fit any kind of character, and exibit smart behaviour for whome ever it is assigned to. I'm finally happy with the result, so I will share it.

The script is basically edited universal script, found on sorcerers place, and made by Rich Martel. I have just fixed what was wrong with it in my own opinion, and removed a lot of spells and item usage and kit usage, as I wanted the script to work even in Tos, let alone all other games.

The script will work in BG:EE, BG2:EE and IWD:EE. It may also work in others aswell, but I haven't tested that.

You can download the script from my google drive, here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B58f1XjEqVO2SW5NLXJBMVJmYnc

Simply unpack the zip file and copy BS file into scripts subfolder where your game is installed.
Post edited by Igneos_Eructid on

Comments

• Igneos_EructidIgneos_Eructid Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2015
    Well, I decided to start all over, as once I got the coding done properly, I found out I was getting killed easily in black pits 2. Now I've set myself with a task to solo black pits 2 with a sorc, which means rewriting the whole thing again...It seems melee types go in first on me, while mages and clerics stay behind at start, so the first thing I need to get working is buffs against melee and ranged weapons, followed by invisibilty or globes to guard from those nasty little spells....everything else should come after that...I'm still not sure about protection from magic weps and mantle and absolute immunity...they last 4 rounds, but I need to set them on three, as I get killed because of long casting times, my spell gets disrupted and bang, I'm dead...Or perhaps I could set them on four rounds but have stoneskins and mirror image to protect me while I cast them...I'll try to get the basics done properly in version two...
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308

.Or perhaps I could set them on four rounds but have stoneskins and mirror image to protect me while I cast them

definitely this

edited November 2015
    bob_veng said:

definitely this

It's still not working as intended. Casting of stoneskins and mirror images is taking me precious rounds, and if I'm solo, I have 6 creeps trying to hit me all at once, and they get my mirror image and stoneskins down very quickly. I think I have to set it to three rounds, and try to use buffs from level 9 first, and keep going lower, until I hit armor spell. If I cast a magic weapon protection type every three rounds, that leaves me with two rounds of offensive spells, but If I cast offensive spells, I have less buff spells available. I have to go melee if I want my buffs to last, but my sorcerer is not good at hitting things in melee, so it's no good again. Maybe I should use lower level offensive spells, and only keep magic weapons buffs, but that wouldn't work for low level players. I need a state of some strong, dwarven ale.
    edited November 2015
    Well, I made ver 2 in which I rely on buffs from level 9 to 1, in that order, and fight melee. So far, I managed, after a very long and boring battle, to clear the first challenge of black pits 2, solo with my lvl 16 sorc. I updated the OP with the new version. Most of the stuff have been left out, I concentrated on staying alive and killing everyone with my sorc. If you intend to use the script, prepare your mage for melee combat
    edited May 2017
    OP updated with new script. I have given up the idea of soloing black pits and made a script for entire party
    Post edited by Igneos_Eructid on
    Can someone please help me with the bard? Even though I have ordered anyone with bard class to do battlesong, he keeps on fighting? When this is fixed, the script is finished, but my brain is about to explode.
  • RichMartelRichMartel Member Posts: 6
    Just wanted to share that I created an EE version of my original uScript:
    https://github.com/RichMartel/uscript