Skip to content

Stuck in Durlags Tower / Statue Room and Training Dummies

EledorEledor Member Posts: 16

Hi,

I love this game. One of the better RPGs I have ever played. I am doing Durlags Tower in order to gain XP so I can finally defeat you know who without lowering the difficulty level. His name begins with a S and ends in a K and sometimes he spells his name backwards.

Anyhow, I think I am hosed. I have googled and apparently on some forums this is a known issue but none of the workarounds work. I have all the wardstones but I think the problem is the second statue in the statue room just isn't clickable. I can click 1 Statue and open the bedroom but the other Statue I can't click.

I have updated to the latest version of the game but still no dice. This level is after u defeat the warders and take the lift down.

Any ideas or help would be most welcome. Ale on me if someone can fix!

Thanks

Eledor Starfire

Comments

• EledorEledor Member Posts: 16
    Here is a saved game zip file of where I am at
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    edited November 2015
    I seem to remember this in my recent play-through with my bounty hunter. I recall attacking the 1st and 3rd dummies multiple times (and not being able to attack the second one) and eventually the right passages opened and I continued. The passages/secret doors opened differently the first time and second/third times I attacked them, and I also changed the attack order. In the end something worked!

This of course may not help you at all if this is indeed a bug.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @Eledor - just tried it with your save. Yes, initially the middle dummy isn't attackable, which is obviously some sort of glitch or bug ... BUT if I hit the left-hand dummy first (triggering the appearance of a doppelganger), THEN the middle dummy became attackable, and I could proceed normally.
    You guys rock!!! I am checking this board when I should be working.. :) haha....

So silly question.. how in the world do you 'attack' the training dummies? I click on them and they say "Training Dummy has nothing to Say to you" or it just opens the training dummy and there is a bunch of loot in there.... I have tried having a melee weapon in hand and also hitting them with a ranged weapon but nothing attacks them.

Thanks a lot! I was about to give up in ever defeating the Lord of Murder!!!

Hmmm... i am scouring the Net and maybe I need to run with AI on in order to have my party automatically attack the training dummies? I usually run with AI off but in this case maybe it will finally allow to hit these things.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    To force-attack any blue-circled neutral (including the sparring dummies in Durlag's labyrinth, but also applicable elsewhere), click on the selected character's weapon in the control bar (so that the surround turns orange/brown instead of green) and then click on what you want to attack. Or if you have the whole party selected, click on the sword icon in the control bar and then on what you want to attack.
    Eledor said:

Hmmm... i am scouring the Net and maybe I need to run with AI on in order to have my party automatically attack the training dummies? I usually run with AI off but in this case maybe it will finally allow to hit these things.

I suppose it's a question of your preferred playing-style, but I always run with AI off so that the party will do what I tell it to do.
    Well, it doesn't matter anymore as I went back and finally defeated Sarevok. It was epic.
    On hey Gallowglass...just saw your comment on how to attack neutral objects. Thanks for replying...Sarevok is dead at last so will remember this technique in BG2!