Skip to content

Planescape:Torment - new

SharguildSharguild Member Posts: 186
edited November 2015 in Off-Topic
Moderators;
If this is not the right spot to mention, feel free to re position.

I just bought PS:T off GoG (so it would run on Win 7) and installed both Gib III's "widescreen mod" and Quill's "Tweakpack".
Incredible, absolutely incredible. It's now the game I always dreamed it would be.
On a 24" inch screen run at 1200x800 rez, it is staggeringly immersive.
(note - at any higher a rez, unless you fix wristwatches for a living or cut diamonds, you may find game screen items a bit small for comfort).
Extremely easy to install both mods, even for a computer illiterate like me.
I know that many here have played the original game and would probably love to do so again.
Well, this is the way to play it IMHO and apparently even Chris Avellone wept with joy when he saw what had been developed by these improvements.
Best $10 ( for the game off Gog) I've re-spent this lifetime.
(note; the Gog version already comes pre-patched with version 1.1).
Enjoy!!!
Post edited by Sharguild on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2015
    I moved thread to the Off Topic section. But otherwise carry on :)

(a lot of people here are Planescape fans)
  • SharguildSharguild Member Posts: 186
    On an aside, would BEAMDOG consider allowing a forum for Planescape game discussion?
    Simply as a courtesy, mind. I realize they have no vested interest to do so.
    I suggest It would be a nice customer support feature as it would alleviate the need to leave this web-site and visit another when one wished to discuss or do comparative analysis betwixt PS:T and other Black Isle initiated projects.
    It would certainly provide another reason for me to visit this web-site more frequently as well!
    Just a thought.
  • SharguildSharguild Member Posts: 186
    Thanks El, as usual, you come through with the info.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.