Skip to content

Play off SD

Could I install this on an SD card and play it on my android?

I want to play all the Baldurs titles on my phone but there isnt enough memory on the device.

Comments

• fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    If your phone has an SD card option there should be an app category for that. Go to the settings for the phone and view what apps you can move to the SD card. Note that you only may be able to move parts of an app to the SD card, and if BGEE isn't one of the apps listed under "Apps on the SD card" (or some such) you can't move it there.
    Each BGEE game takes about 2-3 gigabytes of data, I think. If you have a phone with at least 16 GB of internal memory you should be OK, provided you don't have a lot of pictures, videos and music installed also.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Recent Android versions don't let apps install themselves on the SD card. The developers claim it's for security reasons. It's a problem for large apps/games such as BG.

In order to install BG, BG2 and IWD on my 8gb tablet, I've had to root the device and use the FolderMount app to trick the system into thinking the game files are in the internal memory when they're in fact on an external SD.