Skip to content

The Game Can't Find My Save File?

Hi... sorry if this is in the wrong section, I joined pretty much just to post this thread because I'm at my wit's end. :c

Erm, super mild spoilers concerning Watcher's Keep I guess.

I picked up this game a week or two ago when it was on sale for $5 and wow, that was a steal for such an awesome game. I like DnD a lot - played with my friends irl, but it's also nice to have a more fluid experience through this game.

So I'm playing ToB and at the Final Level of Watcher's Keep - two of the seals are unlocked and the monsters killed, and I've set up about as well as I think I can for the Heart Seal. I save and then unlock the Heart Seal. Sadly I screwed up and got wiped and so, I reload...

But when I reload, my save file doesn't appear. I check Windows Explorer and it's still in the folder, but the game isn't recognizing it? I did notice that the portraits and picture of where I saved are gone, whereas they are still there for my SoA files. Does that have something to do with it?

I've tried reinstalling but it doesn't seem to help. My last auto-save is from just before the spirit-warrior maze, so I guess it's not a -huge- deal if I can never access this save file again, but I'd really, really like to due to all of the preparation I put in for this battle.

The other thing that worries me is that this isn't the first time it's happened. This happened before, also in ToB, but that time I didn't notice it until I was trying to save, and it didn't bother me then because hey, I just made a new save file.

I realize that this is really wordy but I though I might as well be specific. x.x

Has anyone encountered this problem before? If so, how did you fix it (if you were able to fix it)?

Thanks in advance. :v

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    It's relevant for this sort of issue to mention which platform you're on.

Playing on PC, I've had something like this glitch occur occasionally. It seems (although this might be just coincidental) to occur more frequently if I've closed down between sessions using the Windows Hibernate option rather than a full Shutdown. I've found that it usually fixes itself if I cold-boot the machine, i.e. Shutdown and start up again instead of just Hibernating.
  • CeraluneCeralune Member Posts: 4
    Ahh, sorry... I use Windows 8. Anyways, the restart didn't work - I did try that previously. But somehow after I copied and pasted all of the portraits from a previous save file into the save file that wouldn't load, it fixed the problem. ^^

Thanks for your help though~