Skip to content

Can't find Neera after her quest in Adoy's Enclave is completed without her being in the party

James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
1. Do Neera's quest in Adoy's Enclave without her in the party. (I did so in Ch. 5)
2. Observe that she is present for the final battle; she says her dialog before and after the battle, and Adoy's Belt is awarded to the party. Observe that Neera simply walks away.
3. Go back to the Friendly Arm Inn and Neera is not present! Rest, travel some more, rest again - she is still not present.
4. Check in BG-North by the Helm Temple (the area for the Meklin encounter) - Neera is not present there either.

Observed: Can't find Neera after her quest in Adoy's Enclave was completed without her in the party.

Expected: That Neera is present in the Friendly Arm Inn and that she can join the party after her quest is completed without her being in the party.

Explanation: I did Neera's quest without her (my party is full). She does appear for dialog with Adoy when my party reaches the cave in Adoy's Enclave. After the final dialog she walks away - but to where? I have searched for Neera in the Friendly Arm Inn (all 3 floors), Beregost streets, rested in the FAI, and also returned to Adoy's Enclave. As a side note, doing Rasaad's quest without him in the party results in Rasaad appearing for his dialog with Gamaz, and then he returns to Nashkel and he can join the party.

What to do? I have progressed way to far to reload the old save. My main concern: Will I miss content in the upcoming Siege of Dragonspear expansion when I import my final party?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Various other NPCs (from the original game) will walk away permanently under various conditions, and some leave forever merely because you don't immediately recruit them the first time you meet them. Why shouldn't Neera also walk away permanently, if you reject her company but then "steal" her personal quest? The behaviour about which you're complaining sounds perfectly reasonable to me, I reckon it's probably by design that she's gone.

Obviously what you're "meant" to do is swap someone else out of your party to make room for Neera before tackling her quest. Since you didn't do that, the consequence is that she has left the game (or "travelled elsewhere without you" in RP terms).
    James_M said:

As a side note, doing Rasaad's quest without him in the party results in Rasaad appearing for his dialog with Gamaz, and then he returns to Nashkel and he can join the party.

I'm surprised by that, I would have expected him to leave permanently too. Maybe the idea is that he's a very forgiving sort of chap ... or maybe it's a bug that he fails to leave.
    James_M said:

What to do? I have progressed way to far to reload the old save.

That just means that you're not making nearly enough saves!
    James_M said:

My main concern: Will I miss content in the upcoming Siege of Dragonspear expansion when I import my final party?

I doubt it, but perhaps. That's an interesting question, but I doubt that the devs will clarify it. You'll probably just have to find out the hard way, when SoD is eventually released.

And anyway, I don't think anyone is expected to see everything in SoD at their first attempt. These games are designed to be replayed many times, that's the secret of their longevity. Thus if it does turn out that you've eliminated Neera from SoD for this run, then just don't make the same mistake in your next run.