Skip to content

Noob asking questions on BG Multiplayer

WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Now there will be four of us playing BG:EE when it's released and we all have tons of expierence playing BG1+2 on single player. But none of us have any knowledge on what to expect for multiplayer. We've tried it before, but we couldn't figure it out and so we're anxious to have all four of us play this at the same time together. My friends and I will be in the same room, while my brother is away for college. All of us will be playing on Windows OS.

I write this because I was wondering if there was anyone that has some extensive knowledge on how the multiplayer for BG works. Obviously no on knows everything on what to expect when this EE comes out, but I'm hoping someone here could answers my questions about BG Multiplayer from previous users.

1. Is there a shared pool of gold? Like if I pick up 4g does it only affect my character? Is it added to the whole partys pool? Is like Borderlands style?

2. Who (if possible) controls the NPCs? Host? Everyone? Do NPCs join us?

3. Is there voice chat within BG? Or should we use Ventrilo? I assume that text chat also works but that can be a hassle.

4. How does dialouge work? I know there was a forum on it earlier, but since I've never played multiplayer I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

5. Do we still have to gather our party before adventuring forth? :P

6. If someone chooses to rest do we all collectively click on the rest button? Does something show up in the text bar to let us know?

7. I'm assuming there is still friendly fire for spells like lightning and fireball. But is there?

8. When joining a game do we all sit in a lobby then start the match or does the host start the game then we just jump in whenever?

9. If someone goes AFK, are they able to lend us temporary control of their character? Cause it could cause problems if they're important like a mage or cleric.

10. Are we able to trade with one another or do we drop trade?

11. Is mah otel as cleen asn elfeen's arse!?

I won't be able to reply back to any questions until tomorrow since I work nights. I will be able to check though with my phone during breaks. Thank you everyone. It means alot.

Comments

• lockmundlockmund Member Posts: 354
    edited September 2012
    Guess we have to wait and see what features have been added, I can only answer from the perspective of the "old" multiplayer and I might remember incorrectly.

1) Yes. 2) Host assign them. 3) No. 4) The one talking decide. There are now rumors of a voting option. 5) Guess so. 6) Think it skips to the rest animation. I think host can select what the others can and can't do. 7) Yes. 8) There are several options on how to connect, but the latter describes it best. 9) The host can reassign control of the NPCs, but the created characters may not have this option. 10) Not sure what you mean here as the gold pools. You can hand over items though. 11) No. That's just propaganda.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Thanks @Lockmund for responding. For trading I mean like I click on the short sword in my inv and just click on his portrait to give him the sword. If he's in range of course, would he get the sword?
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    edited September 2012
    Wiggles said:

Thanks @Lockmund for responding. For trading I mean like I click on the short sword in my inv and just click on his portrait to give him the sword. If he's in range of course, would he get the sword?

yes he would
    unless his inventory is full of course