Skip to content

Bg2 EE Edition for IPad bug

I am playing as a dual class human, level 18 priest of lathander is the inactive class, and Mage is the active class. Currently I got enough XP to level up to level 12 Mage. However, I cannot complete the level up process because I have a weapon proficiency point and and no available weapon slots to place it. The only two weapons that are active are quarter staff and sling and both already have one point. I cannot use an editor or enable cheats because I have iOS 9.1 and it cannot be jail broken. Is there a fix for this?

Comments

• togotogo Member Posts: 6
    I did some research and I realize that dagger and dart proficiencies should be available and they are not on my level up screen.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    As you say, Dagger and Dart proficiencies ought to be available (even though you'd lose the ability to use those weapons when you eventually get your Cleric levels back). I suggest moving this thread to the bug reporting section.

In the meanwhile, I think your only "solution" is not to level up yet. Keep on playing as a level 11 Mage without levelling up, and (eventually!) you'll have enough accumulated XP to jump directly to level 19 in one step, at which point your Cleric levels will be re-activated and you'll then be able to allocate the proficiency points for level 12 and level 18 into permitted Cleric weapons (and/or combat styles), and thereby successfully complete the level-up. (Yes, the game will correctly "save them up" for later allocation at that time, you won't lose them permanently by not allocating now.)

Unfortunately, however, it'll take 3,375,000 XP in your Mage class before you can make the direct jump to level 19. That's an awful lot of points to save up, so you'll be stuck as a level 11 Mage for a very long time, and your character will be rather weak to tackle the later stages of the game while you're waiting to build up enough XP to level successfully. It's do-able, but obviously it'll make the game more difficult ... you'd better make sure that you've got a strong party with you to help carry you through it.

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but with an un-jailbreakable iOS device it may be your only way forward until a patch is issued to fix the bug with the incorrectly-disabled proficiencies. (I'm sure there'll be a fix eventually, but it's a slow process, it'll probably be a few months yet before the next patch comes out.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.