Skip to content

EE games on Android Tablet with Intel Atom (Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro) - do they work?

BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
edited November 2015 in Troubleshooting
So i'm considering to finally get a tablet, and i'd prefer the new Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro ... my only concern is that it has a rather nice but quite unusual Intel Atom x5-Z8500 CPU built in, instead of the usual Snapdragons or ARM solutions.

With usual apps this should be no problem, but one never knows with rather special things like a ported IE-engine from early twothousands, where tinkering may be invovled as a need to make it work at all ... it would be a pity if i couldn't play the games with the new tab, so has anyone played the games on this specific tablet, or at least on a tablet based on a Intel Atom SOC?

Comments

• IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Since you didn't get an direct answer from an actual user, you may be interested in a discussion showing that, at least in a previous release (before patch 1.3), BGEE was running on a Samsung Galaxy Tab3 10", which according to specs found on Internet is also Intel based.
    I see no reason for Beamdog to give up compatibility with Intel tablets since them.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    thanks, i have found similiar indications and purchased the tablet now ... i'll test and tell here whether it runs or not, but i'm positive ...
    So to close this, iwd:ee started well on the yoga with android 5.1 ... I didn't play long though as the tablet unfortunately had severe software issues making it impossible for me to keep. I'm now on a Google pixel c with tegra processor and android 6.0.1, and all ee games are running perfectly fine on it.
  • BollywoodHeroBollywoodHero Member Posts: 89
    Can you clarify: the EE games worked fine with Android + Intel? The software issues you encountered were unrelated to playing the games?
    I'm rather sure there was no problem specifically with the EEs on intel tablets with android.

The problems were about Lenovos modifications to android, that made the tablet as a whole unstable back then. They have fixed it later, but i didn't switch back as Pixel C was just fine then.