Skip to content

Iphone 5s - not playing in full screen anymore after installing iOS 9.0

It was all right before ios9, i played quite a lot on my iphone back than. But now it is broken and nobody seem to bother (about developers). We need a fix or sort of a patch, i guess it's not a huge issue to resolve, just do not abandon us(iphone players). We purchased the game (2 actually), so please, find a way to fix it in the shortest time period.

Comments

• svirepiksvirepik Member Posts: 5
    Here is some screenshots of the problem.
    edited November 2015
    Do not close this report as duplicate, because you didn't troubleshoot it yet (3 months have passed since the first report). We would appreciate it, if you at least comment this issue. This way we would know you are concerned about community.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Patches are about once per year, @svirepik, and the patch currently due is further delayed until SoD comes out (current guesstimate sometime in the spring). Since that includes a major UI revision, it might well fix this issue automatically.

In the meanwhile, however, since your game is basically working (even though not full-screen), I wouldn't hold your breath expecting emergency action.
    And that is how things are done around here? It's just wrong. Paying money for smtg that "basicly work"? Hallarious. I need a way to fix it.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Unfair, @svirepik.

Beamdog's product was working in full-screen when they sold it to you. It's Apple which has changed something, and that's not Beamdog's fault. I can understand that the wait for a fix is frustrating, but it's unreasonable to expect them to drop everything else they're doing and give special priority to you instead, when it's not even their own fault that a problem has arisen.

At least Beamdog do fix stuff eventually, which is more than some developers would bother to do.

In the case of this particular fault, it occurs to me that it's the sort of thing which might occur if Apple have modified the display API for iOS 9. If so, then it might well be impossible to hotfix with an override script even if the devs were willing, it might instead require that the game engine itself be re-compiled with an updated API library. That's non-trivial, there's no way that a new build of the engine will be issued except as part of the next full upgrade patch, but updated API libraries ought to solve this sort of issue automatically at that time. (But this is only a guess, I don't know the actual cause of the fault.)
  • ArnebArneb Member Posts: 14
    I'm the guy who posted the iPod Touch "twin thread". To be honest I expected a more fast solution of the problem too, since paid-apps developers USUALLY deal with iOS updates issue quite rapidly (as I said, "usually", since there are some bothering exceptions to this... Squareenix' TWEWY anyone?).
    Still, I'm willing to patiently wait for it as long as we can be comfortably sure that it will be solved, sooner or later.
    On a side note, I can't really understand why BG1 had this issue while BG2 wasn't affected at all. The two games look really similar to me, but I'm no code-wizard, so I probably miss something important...