Skip to content

Golden statuette of Lathander

I have a problem with the statuette Mae'var told me to steal. Actually I've checked everywhere at Lathander temple and I have no clue about the statuette whereabout. It is supposed to be in a locked safe, but surprisingly I found that safe unlocked and empty.

What can I do?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    You'd get that result if you had already unlocked the safe and stolen the statue earlier in the game. Is it possible that you might have done so, but then forgotten about it?
  • AndurilAnduril Member Posts: 5
    I'm completely sure I did not, it was the first time I checked every single locker in that temple! It's really annoying, since my main character is a thief, and I can not make any progress to get my own guild.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Oh. I guess it must be some sort of glitch, then. Perhaps you'll have to console it in or 'keeper it in ... which isn't cheating when it's necessary to work around a glitch. I don't know the item code for it, but I expect someone will know and post it here.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    It's misc4x.

Could you zip up your save and upload it here?
    I'm trying to find the save files, but I can not get where the MAC system put it, could you tell me how to get it?
    Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\saves
    Sorry but I can find no folder with the Baldur's name in my documents, even using the search option it seems like there's not such a folder in my system, it's extremely weird.
    Try searching for the name of your save game?
    http://www.filedropper.com/000000001-quick-save

Here you go, thank you for the tip, I finally found it that way, but the way MAC stores the files is really confusing.
    The statue is in a pile on the ground just outside the Adventurer Mart in Waukeen's Promenade.
  • gladosglados Member Posts: 30
    i was wondering what is the requirement for the statue bein asked by mae'var. i always end up with the talos necklace as the item he wants. are you need to be evil and a talos priest for that? i tried to do that type of protagonist very long time ago, so not sure if it worked even then
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,815
    It's a reputation check. When you have a reputation of 9 or less (and don't have a priest of Lathander in your party), you're asked to steal the statuette from the Lathander temple. When you have a reputation of 10 or more (or have a priest of Lathander in your party), you're asked to steal the necklace from the Talos temple.

Priests of Talos don't affect the selection. Apparently, Mae'var thinks they'd be fine with stealing from their own temple.
  • gladosglados Member Posts: 30
    oh i see, thanks you so much!