Skip to content

Bards in HoF

So I was considering the benefit of a pure bard in a HoF party with the combination of various songs via spells.

Specifically, a bard can cast Mislead and Simulacrum and have each spawn sing along with the bard allowing up to 3 simultaneous songs (maybe 4 if the Simulcrum can cast Mislead as well).

Warchant of Sith: +2 AC, 10% resist, 2hp/round
Tymora's Melody: +1 luck, +3 saves
3 heroes: +1 hit/damage/saves

That's a total of +5 to saves, double critical chance (for most builds) and the other benefits.

Skald is usually the obvious choice for me as the 4 AC does massive amounts for getting all characters to the -15 or better AC values that make HoF a breeze without havin to rely on excessive short term buffs.

Would the above be better than a Skald? Is there room in a HoF party for 2 bards? Is it worth going up Mislead backstabs on a FMT for the extra song (as there's only 1 Mislead scroll I think)?
JuliusBorisovAbel

Comments

• AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Apparently, similar songs are not cumulative. So, I guess you would be limited in what you could get from multiple songs. That said, I do think having two Bards is a good choice.
    My current party has FMT, F>C x 2, Archer x 2 and Skald. I would be fine removing a F>C for a pure Bard. That would hurt my DPS but each character would be a bit safer.
    I wouldn't deprive my FMT from Mislead from a pure powergaming point. But it's so cheesy that you could have fun with just cloning your Bard.
    JuliusBorisovGotural
  • dr_mudsdr_muds Member Posts: 75
    I'd really like to learn more about this. Has anyone checked whether the simulacrum spell does work for doubling/tripling up on a particular bard song or multiple separate bardsongs?

If it does, then the bard becomes immensely powerful indeed!
    ineth