Skip to content

Is there a release date for the next version update for BG2:EE?

Is there a release date for the next version update for BG2:EE? It's almost a year since the last one. Just curious. Thanks

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    We haven't announced one yet.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @johntyl - but it's a fair bet that it'll be more-or-less simultaneous with the release of SoD.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Considering Beamdog's policy about update (fairly rare, but massive updates) I'd say that, as SoD release is imminent, it'd be at the same time, because of all the new SoD-related feature they have to implement in BG2:EE (Shaman class, new items, maybe a rather big rebalancing of the early game considering you will start BG2 at about 500k exp instead of 90k)

By the way, about this last point, @Jalily , is there anything you can tell us?
  • AngraOmYaAngraOmYa Member Posts: 1
    I recently picked up BG2(:EE) again and LOVIN IT! Memories floding back every day.
    If SoD is released while I'm in the middle of my a playthrough, should I wait with installing SoD until I'm done? Regarding these new implementations you mention @Arunsun .
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    @Jalily Thanks for the response. Can I also ask if the next version update will rectify all the existing known bugs in both BG1 and 2 EE?
    Arunsun said:

By the way, about this last point, @Jalily , is there anything you can tell us?

From Phillip Daigle: "We'll make sure BG2:EE is balanced for people bringing characters over from Siege, and of course if it's still a concern we'll likely be introducing Legacy of Bhaal mode to BG2:EE as well so your overpowered characters are challenged again."
    johntyl said:

@Jalily Thanks for the response. Can I also ask if the next version update will rectify all the existing known bugs in both BG1 and 2 EE?

We're doing our best to fix as many known issues as we can. Eliminating all of them with the next patch is unlikely, however, because new issues are reported all the time, and some bugs can't be fixed without possibly unreasonable consequences (e.g. save game incompatibility or significant engine changes that could destabilize the build).
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    @Jalily Thank you for your response. Another question, if I may. Will the new features be implemented in BG2:EE as soon as (or shortly after, if we have to wait for a couple of weeks it won't be a problem as far as I am concerned) SoD is released or will there be a timespan during which we will not be able to import SoD items and features into BG2?
    We're aiming for the former.
  • firebringerfirebringer Member Posts: 25
    Are there plans to add iOS file sharing support for BG2EE (and BGEE for that matter) like IWDEE has? Without it, I don't think we can move custom portraits or soundsets to iPhones/iPads without jailbreaking the device, right?

Also, PLEASE tell me that adding save game export functionality like BGEE has is planned for the next BG2EE patch...