Skip to content

Cloak animation!

HooHoo Member Posts: 128
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Hi, I have a small request.

I've felt that Cloak animation should be given itself, rather than being embedded into Robe animations.

If the cloak animation is separated from Robe animations, we can see SHINY knight wearing Full Plate Armor with Cloak!

How about it?

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @Hoo I see what you're saying, and it could be done, but there are limitations to what Beamdog can fix.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    edited September 2012
    @Ward I'm not so sure. Wouldn't making cloak separate mean new animations? I don't think you could just seperate them from mage robes (I assume @Hoo is referring to mage robe). To fit with armours or just the standard character model (like unarmoured Barbarians and Monks) it would probably need to be a new animation. Beamdog have been pretty clear that's not going to happen. I'm not sure about post release however. Maybe this isn't such a hard task to do something relatively small as that later on, but I doubt we would see that upon its release.

Though I am in favour of the idea should it come into consideration.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @Redguard It could be done. One way I can think of is you'd need to remove the rest of the robe from the cloak from each direction and then apply the cloak over the top of the other animations (or underneath depending on the frame).

But this is all with .PNGs with transparent layers, I doubt ancient BG animations work the same.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I know this thread is a bit old to bump, but I'd really like to hear if this is feasible or not (I wonder what some of the BG team may make of this). I wouldn't mind seeing cloak animations show up for all character equipped with them.
  • HooHoo Member Posts: 128
    edited December 2012
    Yes, I'm also waiting for the update! :)
    Post edited by Hoo on
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Technically feasible, but would require reworking all the animations involved, i.e. a whole lot of work/time. I agree it would be nice though
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    impossibru!
    They don't have original 3D animations.
    Beamdog has only the sprites, so they would have to edit EACH FRAME of EACH SPRITE separately. That makes like... I don't know... a 1000000 frames?