Skip to content

Can I miss spells/skills when I level up?

Got Jaheira to level 2 awhile back and didn't notice I could select any options for new abilities, point distribution, etc. I'm seeing online that she actually gains a bunch of level 2 spells when you level up that I didn't notice when I actually leveled her up. They are not in her book/scroll now. Is it possible to miss them when I confirmed the level up? Does that mean they're lost forever? Is she ruined?

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited December 2015
    She'll get level 2 spells when she reaches level 3 in the Druid class. She'll get them at the same time that she gains level 2 spell slots (which you'll see on the Level-up screen in the summary box in the bottom right).

EDIT: So there's no confusion--the Level Up screen won't let you leave until you've chosen all proficiencies, skills, and spells as needed for your class. Druids get their spells automatically upon gaining access to a new level of spells, so there won't be anything you need to do to choose them when you reach 3rd level.
  • bentout12bentout12 Member Posts: 2
    Ah, that's kind of confusing. So you don't open specific spell levels just because you reach that class level. Just re-checked a progression table and saw that the Level 2 spells don't open until level 3, but at level 2 she gets an extra level 1 slot. I think I get it now. Thanks, I was worried I had totally screwed something up.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,151
    Yeah its just that character level and spell level are two different things. Most spell casters have access to spell levels of about half their character level; except some specialized cases like Bards run behind even that.