Skip to content

Monk on BG 1

Recently i started a new party, and decided to add a monk to the party (rassad)
while in bg 2 monks are rly useful, i found hm well.. not helpful to the party..

Any advices how to play him "right"? or kick his ass out of my god dam party.

Comments

• ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    edited December 2015
    You can give him a nice boost with the cloak "Relair's Mistake"
    which you find in the lighthouse map cavern

It will slightly improve his strength, dexterity, speed and most of all give him a +1 APR bonus. Also he becomes a freaking wolf and his fangs are magical weapons, so that's nice.
    The cloak also sets his damage at 1-8 so the earlier you get it the better it'll be. It's always worth having though, if only because (good) cloaks are scarce and +1 apr is really powerful.

Also, if you want him to kick ass for a single, hard fight, a potion of invulnerability/giant strength will come a long way.
    GallowglassJuliusBorisov
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @Shando - Rasaad has the most substantial personal quest in BG1ee, which yields decent XP and a very nice piece of equipment, but it takes some while before you get the quest.
    First you have to have had him in your party for long enough to have had the first couple of conversations with him, and then you have to enter the BG Docks area at night (and with Rasaad in the party) to trigger the quest.
    Apart from his quest, however, the main reason for having him in your BG1ee party is simply for role-playing continuity with BG2ee. Monks (including Rasaad) do indeed become very useful at higher levels in BG2, but they're pretty feeble at BG1 levels. As @Chnapy suggests, Relair's Mistake is probably a good way to get more value out of Rasaad in BG1ee.
    ChnapyJuliusBorisov
  • ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
    tyvm guys!