Skip to content

Entar Silvershield's Estate and the guards attacking? losing party..etc

This place seems odd. Ok, grated I did pick the lock to get into the house, so that's probably not a good thing, but this is the first time in the game I've had the guards start attacking (once I got to the woman upstairs) based on my conversation choices alone. On top of that my entire party except for neera bails on me after the fight. Fortunately I had a save spot outside the home. I make liberal use of quick-save and this a time when I was glad I did NOT quick save too soon (such as before going upstairs) ... I would have been pissed had I lost all the reputation and more importantly my whole party abandoning me.

I take it the above is supposed to happen? I'm assuming it's because I broke into the home. It didn't really seem to be consistent with out the rest of the game operates since they have you break into all kinds of homes for quests after some dialog. This one was the first exception that I ran into.

(Note, I tried to search about this an not a lot came up.)

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Skie calls the guards on you once you're spotted on the second floor without Eldoth in the party.

Brilla will call the guards on you as well if your NPC Reaction is not between 15-20.

Don't fight the guards and flee the home.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @rickcr - there's no way in except by picking (or bashing) the lock, so yes, you're supposed to do that.

Your Good-aligned NPCs are all bailing out because killing the guards has trashed your REP.

The easy way to raid Entar Silvershield's estate without trouble is to take Eldoth with you (so that Skie won't call the guards) and to make sure that both the guard (at the bottom of the stairs) and Brilla (at the top of the stairs) are spoken-to only by a high-CHA character.

Otherwise, you need to use Stealth and/or Invisibility, and be ready to run instead of fighting.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    that is incredibly weird, I was just doing that about 3 or so days ago, and not only did I kill the guards ( while they were blue because I said the right thing with 20 rep and 17 cha) but I lost no rep while killing them, AND the servants didn't turn hostile either, but of coarse, once you go up to entar's room no matter what you do, the chest will always summon the guards, so if you want to get pass that what you need to do is pick on locked item at a time and then quickly run down stairs before the guards come, if you do that, they will never come, that's how I got all of entar's goodies and walked out of the house with 20 rep still, most peculiar of what your game is doing, maybe if your charisma isn't so hot, have the character with the highest charisma talk to the guards and such and see if that helps