Skip to content

Broken Scimitars: A Remembrance

MeekratMeekrat Member Posts: 31
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
I wrote a bit about my experiences with "Baldur's Gate" and D&D in general for my website, and wanted to share it all with you. Here it is.

Comments

• ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    Nice read - "I may keep you posted" - yeah, sure, more than likely you will be too immersed in the game like the rest of us. :)
  • MeekratMeekrat Member Posts: 31
    I'm thinking so. Maybe I can do a game blog, or something, detailing my play-through.
  • pklooppkloop Member Posts: 113
    Meekrat said:

I'm thinking so. Maybe I can do a game blog, or something, detailing my play-through.

Do a let's play on the EE..

If I knew how to do something like that, I would.
    Okay, I figured out how to do a Let's Play, so I'll be doing that. I think I'll be a bard for that. Seems like a very bard thing to do.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    Meekrat said:

Okay, I figured out how to do a Let's Play, so I'll be doing that. I think I'll be a bard for that. Seems like a very bard thing to do.

Only if you sing and rhyme everything you do.

• serabietserabiet Member Posts: 52
    Dirty limericks! There must be dirty limericks too!
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,196
    There is a scimitar +2 hidden at the top of the Durlag's Tower. Hopefully I'm saving his life now:)
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Also, no need to kill if you can just pick-pocket ;)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I'd love to do a blog-style, but I'm worried that I'll get a lot of flak for doing stupid things "Why didn't you use spell? Dude, you're dumb!"

Me: Uhh... Sorry?

"You should be"...
    Hmm. I don't think I can freestyle balladeer, and since I'm doing the "Let's Play" for everyone's amusement and entertainment, what class should I play? I'd rather not be a mage or a druid, simply because I usually play a mage or druid so I know what to expect from them.

Pecca - Indeed. I've been through Durlag's Tower a few times (as the post says, after Nashkel I usually wander aimlessly) but I don't remember the scimitar. I'll have to look harder next time.

Reedmilfam - I was apprehensive, too, which was actually the main reason I didn't want to film myself playing it. I figure I'm going to be doing this mainly to entertain people, though, not provide the definitive way to play the game or fastest way or even most skilled. After all, people will most always find fault with what you do.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,196
    It is in a hidden stash and at the top with all the basilisks. I found out on the internet one day, I would never have found it otherwise.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @Meekrat

Mages are so overdone its Let's Play from what I heard.

Depending on your Masocism level

Bard, Cleric, Fighter (Wizard Slayer), Beast Master (Druid Lite)
    I'm still leaning towards Bard. I've never really played a bard, after all, and they have a good cross-section of abilities after a while. I'll get to experience more of the new content right off the bat.
    edited September 2012
    One week until the game is out. I'll try to have the first "Let's Play" video up as soon as possible after the release. Also, I've posted the beginning of a story that was moderately inspired by Dungeons and Dragons, and fantasy as a whole.

Nilknarf
    Five more days. I'm working on establishing a character so I can actually role-play and have the videos have a bit of a narrative. I'm addicted to narratives.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Looking forward to it. You gonna be a Bard?
    I'm 98% sure I'm going to be a Bard. I think I can make the videos most interesting with one, and I think I'll call him either Jon or Benjamin.
  • ZwiebelchenZwiebelchen Member Posts: 86
    edited September 2012
    Nice to see someone starting a lets play. I was thinking about doing my own (german language), though it's probably not gonna be a let's roleplay - so beware of dirty metagaming...
    I'm not even sure what metagaming is. I play a lot of video games, but none of them enough to be the most skilled at any of them. I just play for fun, and try to keep myself interested.
    I'm still going to do the videos when it comes out. I'll just have to wait a bit and maybe stop posting in just this thread.

I posted about this on my site.