Skip to content

ToL Rakshasha fight

In the encounter with the rakshasha and the invisible stalkers, what triggers the second and third rakshashas to spawn?

Really struggling with this encounter and I'm sure that I've got to this point in the game before and the extra rakshashas did not appear.

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,428
    The additional two rakshasas and ten Invisible Stalkers are spawned as soon as the disguised rakshasa turns hostile. I don't think there is a way to prevent it unless you can kill him before he turns hostile. If it didn't happen to you the last time then it must have been a bug in the area script of that map (which spawns the creatures).
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    Yup this one was tough. Especially in HoF. What is your party composition?
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    Paladin, Fighter-Cleric, Bard, Druid, Thief duelled to Fighter, Fighter... the bard is level 19 or 20 to give some idea of their strength.

Found a cheesy tactic to get through it now though.

I read a post on another forum about the original edition where someone mentioned that ToL encounters scale with your party's strength. That would probably make sense re the extra rakshasas not spawning as the first time I did ToL I did it before HoW and got stuck at the Harpy cave so went back to an earlier save and did most of HoW before starting ToL.
    sarevok57
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    I found spawning and having my team cut back down the stairs and bottle necking them works well