Skip to content

Was the extra 10% hidden XP from BG2 removed in BG2EE?

Playing now, and it seems i get the exact amount of XP it says on the screen, not 10% more as it should be. Doesn't this result in a pretty massive nerf to BG2 EE playthrough? Also, is there a mod that can restore the extra 10%?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2015
    Umm...what extra 10%?

If you are referring to some kind of stat based experience bonus then that is something that was never implemented.
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    Not sure if it was stat based or not in classic BG2, but in my games i always gained 10% more XP than what was actually shown on the screen. Not the case anymore with BGEE. What was the reasoning behind removing this?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2015
    Ohh right this thing. Yea vanilla BG2 adds 10% experience (which is meant to sort of mimic 2nd edition rules). As for why it was removed that was before my time, though reporting accuracy probably entered into that decision.
    Well do you know any way that i can restore it? I'm doing a no reload challenge and this might really hurt me chances.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    actually it is something I brought up way back in the days when bg2ee was being released, I never thought it necessary and I wasn't a fan of the artificial XP gains, and there was others who felt the same way, so beamdog did take it out, and in terms on restoring it, I have no idea, no doubt someone will have to make a mod for that, plus it really, wont affect you too terribly much, back in the olden days of vanilla SoA I would hit around 3.6-3.8 million XP at the end, and now adays....... somehow im hitting the same mark, very super worse case scenario, you might be 1 level behind in SoA and maybe another level behind in ToB, but realistically, I don't think it will hinder that much, if you're bringing on the new npcs along, they give huge XP from their battles and their quest stuff ( although watch out, their battles can be quite challenging if you are lower levels)
    Yeah i just finished the game without the bonus now. Didn't seem to affect me in any way. What i did to make up for it was dual class my berserker to mage at level 9, kicked everyone from the party, stole every single spell scroll in Promenade, and relearned them all like 3-4 times over to get to level 12 so i can recruit other party members at higher level.