Skip to content

Mistakes in the description of Bless

AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
The description of the Bless spell in the manual is quite different from the description in the game:

In the manual:
- White symbol (I think this means neither offensive nor defensive).
- Range: Sight of caster.
- Casting Time: 1 round
- Area of Effect: 25-foot radius
- Description: Upon uttering the Bless spell, the caster raises the morale of friendly creatures and any saving throw rolls they make against fear effects by +1. Furthermore, it raises their attack dice rolls by +1. The caster determines at what range (up to 60 yards) he will cast the spell. At the instant the spell is completed, it affects all creatures the area (thus, affected creatures leaving the area are still subject to the spell’s effect; those entering the area after the casting is completed are not).

In the game:
- Blue symbol (I think this means defensive).
- Range: 40 ft.
- Casting Time: 9
- Area of Effect: 30-foot radius
- Description: Upon uttering the Bless spell, the caster raises the morale of friendly creatures by +1. Furthermore, it raises their attack and damage rolls by +1. The caster determines at what range (up to 40 feet) he will cast the spell. At the instant the spell is completed, it affects all creatures in a 30-ft. radius (thus, affected creatures leaving the area are still subject to the spell’s effect; those entering the area after the casting is completed are not).
Post edited by Alonso on

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    There are lots of little errors in the manual. The in-game description is a higher priority, because it's a bug when that one is wrong, so those get fixed.

In this case, "attack rolls" means both to hit and damage, so "attack and damage rolls" means "to hit and damage and damage rolls" which is obviously nonsense. It probably ought to say "to hit and damage rolls" for maximum clarity, so neither description is optimal.

As for the other discrepancies ... I'll leave it to someone else to check the game files and provide accurate details.