Skip to content

Minsc and Drizzt = Evil

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Or at least Chaotic Neutral - They each pretty much spaz out and attack you if you refuse to help them. Drizzt is even more disconcerting since he is a dark elf and should expect such a reaction from the common surface dweller. Minsc had brain damage so I don't know how that enters into alignment LOL

Comments

• CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    This makes little sense.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    CCarluNN said:

This makes little sense.

I dunno, based on the way we played alignment you couldn't just attack someone if they didn't help you. Maybe the berserker piece of Minsc enters into it, but I guess that's debatable.
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    Lemernis said:
    This is the best way to disagree of ALL TIMES
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Dafuq i just read?
  • CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200

CCarluNN said:

This makes little sense.

I dunno, based on the way we played alignment you couldn't just attack someone if they didn't help you. Maybe the berserker piece of Minsc enters into it, but I guess that's debatable.
    His berserker nature is what defines him as Chaotic, but in his heart (and battlecries) he is pure Good. As for Drizzt, I think he does indeed have trouble with prejudice, but he also has a solid non-Evil reputation to anyone who knows about his background.
    CCarluNN said:

His berserker nature is what defines him as Chaotic, but in his heart (and battlecries) he is pure Good. As for Drizzt, I think he does indeed have trouble with prejudice, but he also has a solid non-Evil reputation to anyone who knows about his background.

So in your heart you are pure good, but you murder a bunch of people for not helping you? I guess the berserker nature explains it best - if you lose control you lose control. As for Drizzt, I think you're probably right in that he's racked up such a reputation as good, that one act like that wouldn't tarnish him... still it just surprised me that they would react that way.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I'm confused, though. Drizzt doesn't go postal if you refuse to help him does he?

IIRC, Minsc only goes hostile on anyone near him (friend or foe) if you use his special berserking ability. I think he also will attack if you refuse to rescue Dynaheir, or kill her at Edwin's behest. Am I remembering this right? Sorry, it's been a long time.
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    I didn't even know that you had a choice in refusing to help Drizzt. Thought he was knee-deep in gnoll blood, and didn't talk to you until after the killing was done.
    I think that's right. I don't think he initiates dialog while he's fighting, nor can you with him in the midst of his battle with the gnolls. That's how I'm vaguely recalling it, anyway.
    edited September 2012
    Lemernis said:

I think that's right. I don't think he initiates dialog while he's fighting, nor can you with him in the midst of his battle with the gnolls. That's how I'm vaguely recalling it, anyway.

He initiates dialogue with you right away -- "All I wish is to continue my journey..." Then he asks for help felling the gnolls. If you refuse he becomes hostile.
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    He probably knows you're after his stuff.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Boo will rip your eyes dude.

Lemernis said:

He initiates dialogue with you right away -- "All I wish is to continue my journey..." Then he asks for help felling the gnolls. If you refuse he becomes hostile.
    Could this be a bug?
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    He don't become hostile, he's at first indignant with your lack of compassion to help others, if you defy him he will attack you, if you just keep rude, he will leave in a bad mood, if you apologise he forgives you and give some advices.