Skip to content

change spells per day 2da

I'm trying to edit the number of spells per day but I can't find the 2da files. I downloaded it from steam. where should the location be?

Thanks

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2015
    First of all you'll need to use a program like DLTCEP or Near Infinity to access the files.

It also depends on what class you are looking to change. But you can find the various classes max spell tables in the 2da files that have mxspl as a prefix. So mxsplwis.2da is the bonus spells you get for having a high wisdom, mxsplwiz.2da is the spell tables for mages, etc.
  • gregorinagregorina Member Posts: 3
    aren't 2da files just text files? I remember I could just use notepad or wordpad to edit the values. it was really easy. I remember them being somewhere like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition. I got a new computer running windows 10. I don't know if something changed for install paths or something. I did a search on my computer for *.2da, but nothing comes up.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Look for BG2 tweaks mod, they have a component for edited spell progression tables. They have the 2da files you require, you just need to dump them to override folder in your main game directory. (create an override folder first, if you must) You can also edit them by hand via notepad, but it is a bit tedious.

Inside the 2da folder the mod creates, you can see mxspl.2da files, mxsplbard for bards, mxspldruid for druids, etc.
    elminstergregorina
  • gregorinagregorina Member Posts: 3
    ah yes, I forgot about the mods placing the 2da files in the override folder. thanks.
    elminster