Skip to content

Dragon's Eye - Level 5 Door

The second last door along the snake-like corridor (heading toward #2 on the map below) on Dragon's Eye Level 5 is locked by some other mechanism.

What does one need to open this door?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    you need to use the "find traps" option in the room to the bottom right of the map, and I little brick will highlight up and either you just press it or use lock picks on it and it will open the secret door
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited December 2015
    I found that secret room, some sort of torture chamber. (#6 on the map below for reference).

I'm talking about the second last hallway door along the snake-like corridor leading to the end chamber #2 where Yxunomei is located.

This map is from Gamebanshee and I added the arrows pointing to the door in question. I cannot pass the hallway door that would lead me beyond to access #9 or #10 on their map. That hallway door is locked by some type of mechanism.

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    hmmm, that is odd, its been a couple of months since I played IWD, but either A, you should be able to pick and or B, you should be able to cast knock on it, do you have any mods installed? sometimes mods bring in weird and whacky bugs into the game ( for my game I have no mods installed and I don't recall any door being unpassable)
    Sylvus_Moonbow
    edited December 2015
    Thank you brave warrior @sarevok57

Indeed, I have tried to pick it, but not a Knock spell - will give that a try.

All I have installed is Minor NPC Portraits for IWDEE by @smeagolheart & @bob_veng. It adds portraits to the /portraits directory for minor NPCs in the game, and as far as I know, did not make any changes to the base game files.

I'll remove them and see if my adventure fairs any better.
    Post edited by Sylvus_Moonbow on
    sarevok57
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited December 2015
    I looked in Near Infinity and it looks to me like that door only locks if Yxunomei is attacking. Have you already been been past the door? If not, I'd say there's a bug that's making the game think Yx has already been aggro'ed.

I'm not seeing anything else in the door script or the area script that would lock that door. I'm not an expert, so someone else might want to check that.

Also, the walkthrough I use doesn't mention anything about unlocking the door.
    Sylvus_Moonbowsarevok57
    Hail and well met again, brave warrior @BillyYank!

That information is very important, for I did indeed move at one point to attack Yxunomei's guards, but recall them all racing out of the room, so I fled. As it had been sometime since I played Icewind Dale, I figured such a failed attempt was not part of the saved game I was loading today.

Looks like it is, and now I'm trapped outside of these doors. Didn't think much of it, as I had not taken the time to clear the side chambers (#4, #5, #6, #7 and #8) and went about my business.

So yeah, now that all the side chambers are cleared, I'm ready to move forward.

Are these doors trigger locked by Yxunomei walking on some part of the corridor or even out of her chamber? Because I had no problem getting out as you can see. :)
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    There is a mention of "MYAREA" in the door script, but I don't know what that covers. It's also possible that her script takes a while to make her hostile and set that variable (YXUN_ATTACK) if you attack her bodyguards without talking to her first. I think your only choice now is to use Ctrl-J to teleport your party past the door.
    Sylvus_Moonbow
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    You can also try using the console, entering C:SetGlobal("D5DOOR_inactive","LOCALS",0). If Yxunomei is hostile (or has become hostile at any point) then the door should open itself according to its script.

Yxunomei is weird--for a creature so tough (for most parties at this point in the game) she can be unusually easy to beat. I killed her with a Chromatic Orb once. Her attack (she gets 5 attacks per round, by the way) counts as a +4 weapon but doesn't give her any bonus to hit beyond her innate strength and is all slashing.

Sylvus_Moonbow
  • DARKWOLF00DARKWOLF00 Member Posts: 2
    I've come to an area in level 4 I think that says you must gather your party to venture forth in the middle of the map.but my mage cannot use the find traps spell there. I feel there's a door there.But my thief has detect traps and that doesn't work either.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Can you give us a screenshot of where your party is? I will look into it once I figure out exactly where you are.
  • UnsanityUnsanity Member Posts: 54
    edited March 2022
    That door is always locked for me. that's part of the encounter. It forces you to fight in a confined space.

I am sure there are many ways to defeat her, but from trials and errors, I have learned to start that battle with a summon spell to draw spells from the priests and the boss.

Then I go into that room above that locked door and I fight in the doorway. If I have time I lay down a few of those skull traps for when the priests port into the room. Just watch out for the boss's kill gas spell, so deadly.

Yxunomei is weird, Mathsorcerer, I agree. One encounter she is near invincible and wipes my party and other encounter a few melee and range hits and she is dead. Oh, and none of them were crits either.

Sometimes I need multiple reloads and other times I don't.

If you are talking pre-battle, then you should have a key for it by then. I loot everything from everyone, and one character holds all the keys. I wish I knew which key opens that door.

I just looked it up and the last key you would need in the Dragon's Eye is Albion's key. I wonder if that would be it.

Only other thing I can think of is to explore the whole area, kill and loot everything, even the throne. The throne has loot.
    Post edited by Unsanity on