Skip to content

Unable to finish the game - Temple of Ilmater

First I was unable to free the voice of Durdel Anatha. When he showed up after talking to Harken I was unable to talk to him, I just had to fight him again. After the idol was destroyed, he was destroyed. Not a big deal, just annoying.

Next I am unable to put any of the badges in the locks. when I click on the locks to put a badge in, the lock 'container' disappears. Reentering the temple and doing it again made no difference.

I have Win10 and have already finish HoW and Trials of the Luremaster. I just wonder if some item I am carrying is causing the issue.

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,428
    These "issues" are working as intended. The Voice of Durdel Anatha will be resurrected repeatedly as long as the Idol is alive. After destroying the Idol, the Voice dies automatically. Putting the badges into the slots deactivates the respective slots. There is no further visual or textual feedback. After putting all badges into the slots you should be able to proceed.
    fireandsteel73
  • ltcconeltccone Member Posts: 10
    Thanks argent. I read in a FAQ that you could take Durdel Anatha back to Kulduhar for a burial and get XP.

I was really confused about the badges. I was unable to put them into the lock containers. But after clicking on each one I was able to go up the stars, but the badges were still in my inventory. I went on this morning to beat the game at insane difficulty. :)
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    There is another way to put Durdel to rest that will give the opportunity to take his remains back to Kulduhar IIRC.
    Pingwin said:

There is another way to put Durdel to rest that will give the opportunity to take his remains back to Kulduhar IIRC.

How do you do that?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,428
    Yes, there seems to be a second option to put the Voice to rest.

To trigger the quest you have to...

...talk to Nym the Drow Merchant in the hidden gnome camp and inquire about his recent undertakings. You'd also have to talk to Brother Harken in the Forgotten Temple at least once. Afterwards you can convince the Voice to stop attacking you. You can also carry his remains back to the temple in Kuldahar for a nice reward.

I don't think this option was available in the original IWD.
    brussarevok57
    argent77 said:

Yes, there seems to be a second option to put the Voice to rest.

To trigger the quest you have to...

...talk to Nym the Drow Merchant in the hidden gnome camp and inquire about his recent undertakings. You'd also have to talk to Brother Harken in the Forgotten Temple at least once. Afterwards you can convince the Voice to stop attacking you. You can also carry his remains back to the temple in Kuldahar for a nice reward.

I don't think this option was available in the original IWD.
    I did talk to Brother Harkim, but I did not talk to Nym about his 'recent undertakings.' :(