Skip to content

Question about Romance

Hi Everyone,

I have been wondering, is there any race/gender combination that will have no romance at all,

with every single NPC?

(I want to avoid romance without modding the game and without killing romance manually)

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited December 2015
    Halfling, Dwarves and Half Orcs (?) don't have any romance options if I remember right. I'm not sure if a Half-Orc could romance Viconia or not, I'm pretty sure that a gnome can romance Aerie. Short races are racially discriminated against in Baldur's Gate II :disappointed:
  • MrNoobyMrNooby Member Posts: 131
    That being said, I'm pretty sure the BG2 tweaks can enable romances for the other races right?
  • Giant2005Giant2005 Member Posts: 43
    I think Dorn is willing to romance you no matter what gender or race you are. Dorn isn't at all picky.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    I forgot all about Dorn .... (he is a multi-plug) ...

I guess I should not have asked x_x
  • Giant2005Giant2005 Member Posts: 43
    Just pretend that he is just like every other murderous psychopath you come across in your journeys and kill him on sight. He is fairly pushy with his romance but not nearly pushy enough to try and hit on you from beyond the grave.
    Giant2005 said:

Just pretend that he is just like every other murderous psychopath you come across in your journeys and kill him on sight. He is fairly pushy with his romance but not nearly pushy enough to try and hit on you from beyond the grave.

Hehehe ^^

Well, there is still Neera and Hexxat though...

One will romance male and the other female ... (i think it is any race, right?)

• MrNoobyMrNooby Member Posts: 131
    I always thought halfings didn't have romance options. Infact, I wasn't even aware that the races that couldn't romance the non-EE NPCs could romance the EE NPCs
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    MrNooby said:

I always thought halfings didn't have romance options.

Oh yes, every romanceable character has always liked halflings. It was all dwarves and female gnomes and half-orcs who didn't originally have any romance options.
    MrNooby said:

Infact, I wasn't even aware that the races that couldn't romance the non-EE NPCs could romance the EE NPCs

Yes, the new EE NPCs aren't choosy, they'll go with anyone, regardless of character or plausibility.

I posted a list of the romance qualifications on this forum a long time ago, but I'll copy it here for ease of reference.

Qualifications for potential romantic interest in BG2ee are as follows:-

Male Humans - Jaheira, Aerie, Viconia, Neera, Dorn.
    Male Half-Elves - Jaheira, Aerie, Viconia, Neera, Dorn.
    Male Elves - Jaheira, Aerie, Neera, Dorn.
    Male Halflings - Jaheira, Aerie, Viconia, Neera, Dorn.
    Male Gnomes - Aerie, Neera, Dorn.
    Male Dwarves - Neera, Dorn.
    Male Half-Orcs - Viconia, Neera, Dorn.

Female Humans - Anomen, Rasaad, Hexxat, Dorn.
    Female Half-Elves - Anomen, Rasaad, Hexxat, Dorn.
    Female Elves - Anomen, Rasaad, Hexxat, Dorn.
    Female Halflings - Anomen, Rasaad, Hexxat, Dorn.
    Female Gnomes - Rasaad, Hexxat, Dorn.
    Female Dwarves - Rasaad, Hexxat, Dorn.
    Female Half-Orcs - Rasaad, Hexxat, Dorn.

Thank you very much for the list, It is very insightful.
    Guess I would have to choose female halfing or female gnome as I usually never keep those 4 NPCs
    in my party for too long.

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    If you just want the romance and don't care too much about the RP behind it, the BG2Tweaks mod has modules that allow for the removal of romance restriction (gender, or race, or both). There's also modules to allow multiple romances, etc. A bit immersion-breaking, but some people just want to see the dialog.

If you just want the romance and don't care too much about the RP behind it, the BG2Tweaks mod has modules that allow for the removal of romance restriction (gender, or race, or both). There's also modules to allow multiple romances, etc. A bit immersion-breaking, but some people just want to see the dialog.

I am currently trying to avoid modding the game.
    I have used mods before but i do notice after u install a mod, the monsters appearing (qty n types) tend to be affected somewhat from Core Rules and up in diffiulty.
    Currently installation is clean unmodded and I am resisting the temptation to use mods ^^.

BTW, anyone knows if a new game is started with charname gender pre-edit toneither,
    will that stop all the romance?
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592

MrNooby said:

I always thought halfings didn't have romance options.

Oh yes, every romanceable character has always liked halflings. It was all dwarves and female gnomes and half-orcs who didn't originally have any romance options.
    MrNooby said:

Infact, I wasn't even aware that the races that couldn't romance the non-EE NPCs could romance the EE NPCs

Yes, the new EE NPCs aren't choosy, they'll go with anyone, regardless of character or plausibility.
    I very well imagine the power-hungry Dorn Il-Khan mating with some LG Halfling warrior
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Arunsun said:

I very well imagine the power-hungry Dorn Il-Khan mating with some LG Halfling warrior

Doesn't matter, had...

Well, an Orc has needs.
    Heehee, as I said before, Dorn is a "multi-plug" ^^.
    he can plug or get plugged ^^ .
  • IsabellaGrangerIsabellaGranger Member Posts: 52
    edited January 2016
    Bubbles said:

Heehee, as I said before, Dorn is a "multi-plug" ^^.
    he can plug or get plugged ^^ .

HAHAHAHA, excellent metaphor... xDD Korgan was interested in this as well, if I'm not mistaken... xD
    @IsabellaGranger , interesting, maybe I should have both in the party and see who gets plugged? O_o
    Bubbles said:

@IsabellaGranger , interesting, maybe I should have both in the party and see who gets plugged? O_o

Ahahaha, you know, I didn't mean it like that... xDD Korgan skeptically asks Dorn how could a man basically *plug* another... Dorn answers that if he thinks that's not possible, he has no imagination. xD
    @IsabellaGranger, did you noticed the EE's NPCs are more aggressive with regards to romance as compared to the other NPCs
    Bubbles said:

@IsabellaGranger, did you noticed the EE's NPCs are more aggressive with regards to romance as compared to the other NPCs

Really? I didn't know about that, since honestly... So far I've only finished Viconia's romance in SoA, and Anomen's romance to the very end in ToB... I wanted to try out Rasaad with my female ranger, but Anomen was there first, so... XD I still haven't tried any other romance except for Aerie and Jaheira (they didn't last long, anyways xD) and of course, the new ones... How are them?