Skip to content

Newbie to EE Questions

I have had the pleasure of playing this franchise from it's beginning through Shadows of Amn, ToB and many, many mods from Gibberlings three and other places. I picked up BG1 EE when it first came out, and my machine died, for whatever reason I had to buy it through Steam at that time.

I finally got a good machine recently and remembered that I had BG1 EE and started poking around to see the Shadows of Amn EE and IWD EE were both out (whoooo whooo) my lucky day. Problem is I now have BG1 EE on Steam, and BG2 EE on the Beamdog client. Is it going to be necessary to get them both moved to the same platform? Should I really even care? I just wonder at some point if I'm using Mods or Editors it's going to be a little tricky.

#2, Will my BG1 character roll through to BG2? I have a vague memory that they did, and obviously with things like Resources I should be able to, I just can't remember. I was planning on running 1 straight into 2. Or is there some type of order that is better with the additional New Content?

It appears all the interface and things from 1 are pretty consistent with the old game, where is the best resource (somewhere around here I'm sure) that lays out what is different about 1 EE.

Is it still possible to add an extra PC (no romances or anything, I just like having a sidekick) to the party through the Multi-Player save game swap? This was something I did for party arbitration before.

Looking forward to participating in these Forums, thanks for any advice

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    They're two separate games so you don't need them to be in the same client.
    You can import your BG1 character to BG2.
    You can still use multiplayer to add more characters to the party.