Skip to content

Party Arbitration

Quick question. It's been a really long time since I played BG1, was on SoA II with Mods for a long time. I've done the multi-player import deal to get an extra protagonist added to my party but I need to cut the other ones loose. I can't remember how that was accomplished in BG I. Do I have to wait until picking up somebody new before cutting anyone loose or is there another method/manner to accomplish it.
Thanks
Tom

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Go into the Character Record page (press R to get to it). From there click Reform Party, the portrait of the party members you want to remove, and then "Remove"
  • BloodstoneBloodstone Member Posts: 99
    elminster said:

Go into the Character Record page (press R to get to it). From there click Reform Party, the portrait of the party members you want to remove, and then "Remove"

Thank you sir, greatly appreciated. I did as you instructed it worked fine, one issue I'm just curious about. When I try talking to them about re-joining the party (was just experiementing to see if they would) all they do is give me a brief answer, no option to pick them back up. Would I just need to go through and re-import them into the party thru the multi-player route? Again, thanks for the help, my knowledge of BG1 is pretty limited as I haven't really played it much since shortly after the original release.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2016
    You'd need to probably enable the console and use Ctrl+Q on them.

You'd enable the console by putting this line
    	'Program Options',	'Debug Mode',	'1',
    in your baldur.ini file (found in My Documents/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition). Also of the default programs available on windows Wordpad is really the best when it comes to editing that file.