Skip to content

Character data lost moving into ToB?

So yeah, I've played through TOB all of once in all my playthroughs since I'm not keen on the story. This is the first time I've even attempted to play through for ToB and...

Dorn the Fallen Blackguard, whose Abyssal Rune Blade is still in my pack, has returned via Fate Spirit as a full Blackguard once more, holding a partially empowered duplicate rune blade.

Rasaad the monk, after deciding to stay and fix up the Twofold path, can't be summoned at the Fate Spirit at all, despite having parted on friendly terms and talking about travelling with him again in the future.

Is this normal? I can just about handle NPCs showing up with default stats and equipment, though honestly I don't see why this is necessary either, but losing everything I've done with Dorn feels cheap, and not being able to recruit Rasaad at all sucks considering I wanted to bring him in my ToB party. Does Anomen revert to Lawful Neutral as well if he's not in your active party at the end of SoA? I'm not going to lose romance plot progress or anything, am I?

Alternatively if this just yet another weird bug with my playthroughs, can I just import my CHARNAME into a new ToB save and Keeper over some relevant variables and equipment to resume Neera's romance and EE questlines?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2016
    Did you start ToB with Dorn in your party? (I mean was he in your party when you talked to the spirit heads)

If he wasn't in your party at the end of SoA then (like the original NPC's) he's given a clean slate in ToB.

" Does Anomen revert to Lawful Neutral as well if he's not in your active party at the end of SoA?"

Yes.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    edited January 2016
    elminster said:

Did you start ToB with Dorn in your party? (I mean was he in your party when you talked to the spirit heads)

If he wasn't in your party at the end of SoA then (like the original NPC's) he's given a clean slate in ToB.

" Does Anomen revert to Lawful Neutral as well if he's not in your active party at the end of SoA?"

Yes.

Eugh. Fair enough. So everything I did in SoA is wiped? One might have thought a global variable might be set to at least carry over the fundamentals and preserve some sense of verisimilitude, but no matter. Now I just need to figure out why Rasaad isn't available.

Edit: Alright, apparently Rasaad's "Sprite_is_dead" variable was set to 24. I have no idea if this is intended to stop me from recruiting him after he's happy and contented working with the twofold path or not, but meh, no happiness for you, Rasaad!
    Post edited by Pantalion on