Skip to content

Well Met and Good to See Old Forum Folks again. Roll Call

colbrucecolbruce Member Posts: 1
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
Returning players to Baldur's Gate, welcome back.

Were you on a Forum, Chatroom, or multiplayer servers, for the original BG1 and ToSC?

I was Col Bruce on Planet Baldur's Gate, some modding sites, and hosted Multiplayer games.
Post edited by Coriander on

Comments

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2012
    There's this now buried thread, but it's always good to do this again from time to time.

As a BG fan I was a regular mainly at Planet Baldur's Gate, Mithril Hall, and Ironworks.

A dozen years ago did some BG/ToSC multiplayer with the likes of pedro2112, Olias of Sunhillow, Polgara, and Kormar the Wanderer. What a great time that was.

I was also involved with NWN persistent worlds ALFA and Exodus: Shadows of the South on the world-building side (hosting, toolsetting, and writing lore).

Spent a good deal of time at the Candlekeep forum.

I'm co-author of a BG2 mod at Gibberlings 3, although I can't code my way out of a wet paper bag. I wrote the story and dialog for it. I still hope to eventually develop a BG2 NPC mod, if I can ever wrap my brain around the coding aspects. (One reason I would dearly love to see a full-fledged NWN-like toolset designed for the EEs.)

Been away from all of this geekdom for about 4 years now. Just by chance about a month ago I tried clicking on an old link and saw the PBG forums had disappeared. I googled 'Baldur's Gate' and saw that BG:EE was in the works. I have Windows 7 installed on all my computers now, and will upgrade to 8, etc., so I'm glad to see that BG is getting updated.