Skip to content

Help with crappy weapon prof assignment

ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
Hey guys I've been playing BG EE on my iphone and I love it! The fact I can take it anywhere is amazing.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to jailbreak my phone or EE keeper my character, so I went with the pre made fighter Mage character which thankfully has the Mage appearance avatar, my favorite. I'm a sucker for looking cool.

I can fix his horrible stat allocation with some multiplayer tome exploits.

But the WPs are HORRIBLE.

Long sword **
Single weapon *
Sling *

Single weapon and sling?? Ugh.. And you can't redo them when exporting to Bg 2 like the original.

Any advice on the remaining pips? I have two in long sword, and with my level 3 I added one to dual wield in preparation for BG 2. After getting a second pip my decision will then be to decide what off hand. I'm thinking short sword for Kundane or scim for Belm. My main hand will eventually be Angurvadal.

Advice on how to fix my weapon profs)
Post edited by ReadingRambo on

Comments

• NhullNhull Member Posts: 37
    Belm is pretty great for fixing up your other stats. I'd go that route.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @ReadingRambo Why don't you create your own F/M? You don't need EEKeeper for that.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited January 2016
    If you have an older ios version you can use ifunbox to connect your iphone/pad to a pc and find and edit your save there. I have a fully modded bg2 mega mod installation game on my ipad without jailbreak. I never upgraded my ios for this reason, as newer versions of ios do not work with ifunbox.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598

@ReadingRambo Why don't you create your own F/M? You don't need EEKeeper for that.

I prefer using the Mage avatar appearance (the cloak and robe). The f/m pre made character uses that Sprite.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    lunar said:

If you have an older ios version you can use ifunbox to connect your iphone/pad to a pc and find and edit your save there. I have a fully modded bg2 mega mod installation game on my ipad without jailbreak. I never upgraded my ios for this reason, as newer versions of ios do not work with ifunbox.

lunar said:

Yah I tried this, the iOS on my phone is 8.2 or so by default and this is recent enough that you can't use ifunbox.

I decided to go scimitar for Belm and later spectral Brand. I'll miss out on celestial fury on him but ah well. It's became a crutch for me over the years time for something different :smile:
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Yuck, that starting weapon proficiencies are indeed weird. I can see the merit in sling for str damage bonus, (a f/m can cast strength spell!) BUT you can use a shield with sling and sword as well, so you can have a sling, a sword and shield equipped all the time. No need for single weapon proficiency to boost ac as a magical shield will give better ac. (However swp also gives better criticals if you forego a shield)

In bg1 bows are the king, and if that f/m character had sword++ and bow++ that may have been too unoriginal and powergamey maybe. But VERY optimal for bg1, no doubt. The guy is also an elf, right, so even more bonus to attack rolls with a bow.