Skip to content

Discount if pre-ordered PC version?

sehaninesehanine Member Posts: 1
edited September 2012 in Mac OS X (Archive)
I recently built up a PC for gaming so I went and pre ordered BGEE for PC. But my main computers are Mac. I couldn't think of a better game to be playing when I'm waiting around with my 11" MacBook Air. Is there any chance of a discount for those of us who want to play on both platforms? I'm probably going to get it for my iPad as well!

Comments

• zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    Unfortunately, no. Because each version is being released and sold through different venues (per contractual agreements) they can't offer discounts on buying for multiple platforms. You did, however, receive an early order discount for the PC version. :)
  • SargielSargiel Member Posts: 35
    I'm a Mac gamer but also bought the PC version on pre-order. This got me my badge (yay!), showed my support for the project and gave me a copy of the game I can give as a present. Just hope the wait for the App Store release isn't too painful .. ;)
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Was BG, in previous iterations, ever released for MAC?
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    @bigdogchris Yes, every BG game and expansion has made it to the Mac. BG1 never made it to OS X, though I think you can get around this with tutu.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

Was BG, in previous iterations, ever released for MAC?

Rofl. One of its selling points was that it was available for Mac when everyone else was saying "screw it. PC only, too much hassle."

So ... yes. For the most part anyway; Icewind Dale was released on Mac but it's stuck at like, 1.12 or something which is totally pathetic. Hell, I can't even get mine to update at all, it's stuck at 1.0. No Heart of Winter or Trials of the Luremater ... or whatever it's called.

IWD2 wasn't released on Mac at all.

But yeah, Baldur's Gate 1 and ToTSC was released for Mac fairly shortly after the PC version. BGII came out at the odd time where everyone was switching so, they had to work their ass off to make it compatible with both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. Props there ... ToB also came out for Mac, of course.