Skip to content

Half-Orc avatar

RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
The Half-Orc in game avatar always looking the same as a human has always bugged me. Especially when considered next to their wonderful inventory avatars which look great and so unique. I love the style of Half-Orcs there and I love how they look once you start putting armour on them. I'd like to see that in game also and not just in the inventory.

I know Beamdog have said they don't have the money or the time (especially this close to release) to add new animations and so on, but I would love it if they could fix this post release if they could if BG:EE does well enough (even if they had to wait until after BG2:EE).

Comments

• MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Although they said they won't add new animations to the game, i think a lot of us actually would like to see DLC with new avatars for player characters, in post-ship features it is asked as well.

Alternatively, if we have the option to use BG1 animations too, you could use a BG1 Human for a half-orc, they look kind of bigger.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    With the limitations of the BG1 animations that might work out sort of oddly.. but I guess it might be preferable to some.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    edited September 2012
    Mornmagor said:

Although they said they won't add new animations to the game, i think a lot of us actually would like to see DLC with new avatars for player characters, in post-ship features it is asked as well.

Alternatively, if we have the option to use BG1 animations too, you could use a BG1 Human for a half-orc, they look kind of bigger.

Yeah, I think many have raised the issue of post ship animations for various things. Though I'm not personally a fan of the idea of using the BG1 human as a substitute. The point for me is that I would enjoy seeing something that actually resembles the inventory avatar as opposed to just another human in game avatar.
    Post edited by RedGuard on
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited September 2012
    That's true.

Btw, the only limitation of the BG1 animations is that they can't dual wield. Other than that, they are actually a higher quality graphic as pixels and frames go (not mirrored too), but if you want to dual wield, then yeah :p

Anyway, i hope BG:EE goes well, and they dare this new character avatars DLC.