Skip to content

[BGII:EE] Is there anyway to use back and older patch?

BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
edited January 2016 in Troubleshooting
Is there anyway to use back an older patch?
This patch is so frustrating and very unstable in terms of certain dialogues and difficulty settings etc.

Help~~ and I didnt happen to have an earlier patch right now to D:
It was about a year back since I last played and I find the 1.20xx patch somewhat more stable.
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Moving this to Troubleshooting, since it's not a bug report.

To answer your question, there is no way to revert to an earlier version of the game. What kinds of issues are you experiencing?
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @Dee,
    Basically everything is not happening like in patch v1.2xxx which I have played during end of 2014.
    Just an example, the Poison man (Renfield) previously you will only get if you leave Athkatla for the first time, now pops up on the if you explored 4 parts of Athkatla.
    The Orog encounter used to be also outside Athkatla now happens when I am transiting between different parts of Athkatla.
    I started installing BG2EE on my pc again few weeks back after over a year. I started a few different play and save all at Core Rules. However over time, the difficulty observed when I load different savegame seemed inconsistent (not that difficulty bar but the actual difficulty). After testing quite a few different new games then now it seemed to perform back to what I perceived as Core Rules difficulty.

That's not end of the list but just to name a few. Didn't have such wierd responses during 2014 playthrough.

Well sometimes, the more you patch the more it cracks ....
    A few questions:

1. Are you playing with any mods installed?
    2. Are you using saves from before you updated, or are the issues you're experiencing all happening with new games?
    3. Have you reported any of the issues you're experiencing?
    4. How do you mean that the difficulty is inconsistent?

The 1.3 update fixed a lot of issues (more than five-hundred), and it shouldn't have affected the things you're describing. We'll need a bit more specific information to help address the issues you describe.
    @Dee this is a clean install.

1.No mods installed.

2.Saved games are those saved after installation non from before.

3.Habitually I do not report issues unless it crashes as I still dont really see them as major issues. It is just that I am trying to do a no re-load run with squishy charname + squishy NPCs, thus inconsistency just make it less predictable. That's why I have been re-playing a fresh run every so often as result.

4.Difficulty inconsistency -- even in Irenicus Dungeon, 1st batch of goblins sometimes hit real hard and frequent. Inside Shade Lord Temple, 1st Door encountered Greater Shade wolf or something, in the corridor
    before the room with alphabets on the floor encountered Greater Mummy. (party levels between 9-11).
    Problem is, it is not always the same mobs and quantity. (Is that part of the patch? to have more random mobs?).

Basically it is more an annoyance than an issue. If I wasn't running no re-load, I actually welcomed such randomness, makes it more realistic.
    edited January 2016
    3. If you find something that happens repeatedly, I recommend posting about it. Someone else may have encountered the same thing and may be able to help us track it down, or they may be able to help you fix the issue for your current game.

4. These things sound less like anything to do with the "Difficulty" options, and more to do with perhaps your current level, or even just a string of lucky/unlucky rolls. Creature spawns are (more or less) based on your party's level, so if your level or party make-up changes you may see different creatures your next time through a dungeon. Resting has also been observed to make certain spawn points behave differently, so that could be a part of it.

In any case, none of the things you've described so far are things that should have appeared in the 1.3 update. (That's not to say that they might not be bugs at all, but without a bug report we won't know for certain what's causing the issue you're seeing.)
    @Dee, anyway I have overcome the annoyance part and actually likes it ^^.
    The previous versions since the non EE has been rather predictable.
    I welcome this unpredictable nature, it adds to the challenge and make me more determine never to allow charname to even die once ^^ or it shall be a fresh start. ^^
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    when it comes to the being waylaid by enemies in athkatla ( the first bandit group, the renfeld quest, the orogs and so on) that has always been a little random, and as @Dee says, for those tougher monster mobs, it is totally based on your XP for what comes, ( if im not mistaken its based on your CHARNAME'S XP) so for example, in the shade lord dungeon there are 2 XP based mobs, if you have less than 1 000 000 then it will be 2 skeleton warriors and 2 shadow fiends, if you have 1 000 000+ XP then it will be 2 skeleton warriors, a bone golem and a greater mummy, and if you have 2 000 000+ XP it will be 2 skeleton warriors, 2 greater mummies, and 1 lich, so basically every main dungeon will have 1 or 2 of these "XP mobs" and they are based on those values ( im assuming its to help match monster difficulty with character's level of party)
    edited January 2016
    @sarevok57 , when you mean xp, you mean total party xp or charname alone?
    Previously, it seemed to be based on charname's level, but now it would seemed that it is based on party's total xp or levels, I wonder which it is based on.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I think it is based on charname's XP total
    @sarevok57, if this is the case then it is inconsistency.
    As a level 10 sorcerer, you will not have 1 million exp.
    I have a feeling something has been altered. It used to be based on charname's level.
    Now it feels like party size+ level of charname or even total party level O_o I wonder.

Anyway, in the past, Renfield encounter has never occurred in my gameplay till the 1st time I step through city gates. Now however, it some times appear even if I never entered City Gates at all.