just finished my first solo run ~ ask me anything

played completely legit, solo party, no console commands, core rules

elf fighter/mage/thief

was literally my fastest ever career finish of bg1, and my most educational

if any1 wants help playing solo please let me know here, goodluck
lunar[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov

Comments

• SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Not to rain on your parade, but isn't F/M considered as "extremely easy" by solo standards?
  • dos350dos350 Member Posts: 18
    its f/m/t and it was quite easy

so wat, are u a solo veteran??

maybe tell me how to challenge ~otherwise im just trying to share the joy , my friend.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Congrats, and yes, FMT would be my first suggestion for a newb.

What next?
    thanks finne,

im trying solo dark soul monk bg2 atm, but for next bg1 run im gonna do wildmage or maybe thief or even archer
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    There's a certain tipping point in BG1 where solo FMT changes from being slightly squishy to unstoppable juggernaut. I think it's around the level 4 or 5 point.

BG2 takes a little longer, usually when you get some decent defensive mage spells.
    my hardest fight honestly was fighting greywolf at like lvl 1/2/1 for the sword,

alot of backstabs , wouldnt hav been able 2 do it without oil of speed
    FinneousPJ
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    Congratulations on completing your first Solo BG:EE run
    Did you enjoy it
    I have never done one
    Any of the NPCS ( Minsc Jaheira ) did you find yourself missing them
    At any time did you yell at your computer " Go for the eyes Boo "
    FinneousPJ
    edited January 2016
    thanks and yes i enjoyed it, it gave me a whole new outlook on bg and thats great, ive been playing this game for so long and it finally had to be done, solo hypeeee~~~

i found myself thinking minsc saying packing steel is gangsta but i dont care ~solo is very nice, fast play, u dont hav to gather ur party b4 venture 4th etc, and big speed boots
    edited January 2016
    heres a pic of my inventory 4 final fight,,

i got:

greywolf sword
    deadshot bow
    archmagi robe
    balduran hat
    amplifier amulet ( idk wats best amulet ?? )
    guard ring+2
    evermemory ( i swapd to fire res 1 in fight,, i had magic protection on anyway )
    speedboots
    cloak of displace
    elfbane belt

level 6/6/7 at end of run
    UPDATE:

i know i said i was doing dark monk solo bg2, but i gave up and imported suzie instead,,

just at point where u rescue the bard guy from sewer then it all goes in portal.

think im gonna leave it for later and quest somewhere else~
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Never fight Greywolf that low.

Your first port of call as a solo runner is to the FAI to pick up a certain useful ring. Then onto the basilisk area. As a F/M/T you should have picked Protection from Petrification as one of your spells of which you now have several castings of.

Using Korax and ranged weapons it is possible to clear all of the basilisks and Mutamin from this area which should put all your classes around the level 4/5 range. It is also possible to clear this entire area - however the enemy party can cause some issues, they do drop some useful loot though.

If you can do all that you are in a great position to progress through the rest of the game.