Skip to content

Waiting on Cloud Saves - Two years And Counting

On 11 December 2013, Trent Oster of Beamdog tweeted the following:

"...cloud saves are still in development. Four supported platforms really adds to the complexity"

(See,

Before the 8.3 version of iTunes I would play my campaigns on my home PC when at home and on my iPad when on the road. I have not been able to do this since 8.3. In this day and age, this is very disappointing.

Simple feature request:

PC -> iOS: I will email a saved game file to myself. Give us a unique file extension so that when I click on it the attached file in my iOS email, BG opens the attachment. (You already let us do this for portraits.) BG would see that it is a saved game and copy it to the saved game directory with a unique name.

iOS - PC: From the saved game list, provide an envelope icon. When tapped, it opens a new email with the saved game file already attached. I can then email this attachment to myself and put it in the right directory on my PC.

I don't know if Apple allows the functionality described in my iOS -> PC suggestion, but I am sure some version of this could be developed.

Come on, guys. Let us play the way we want to!

Comments

• grahamersgrahamers Member Posts: 30
    PS: From a $ perspective, this means I, and all users like me, will buy every game you make at least two times! Please factor that into you Dev priority decisions!
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    That functionality is available in BG1EE already:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/647522/#Comment_647522

It has not been implemented in BG2, and I don't think its in IWD either (but I could be mistaken on that). I'm pretty sure they'll get it running in BG2 with the patch that should follow SoD, so hopefully not too much longer.
This discussion has been closed.