Skip to content

Any way to modify my BG2 Tweaks Pack mod install?

OhmegaOhmega Member Posts: 35
edited January 2016 in BGII:EE Mods
As you install this mod it lets you pick and choose from the components and options that you install.

Thinking I had picked correctly the things I wanted I went ahead and installed other mods including Rogue Rebalancing, SCS, aTweaks and Song & Silence AFTER having intalled this mod.

I wanted to change one of the options which automatically sets the appearance depending on the item I'm wearing (an oversight on my part... I use EE Keeper anyway, not sure why I thought this would be helpful - as such this overrides any changes made by EE Keeper, of course) but I get an error message trying to 'uninstall' the component:

ERROR: This Mod is too old (or too new) to uninstall that component for you.
Upgrade to the newest versions of this mod and that one and try again.
[Failure (“TP2 not found!”)]
ERROR: Failure (“uninstallation error”)

Does anyone know a way of fixing this without uninstalling entire mods? (SCS takes a long time to go through and install...) Wondering what I should do or if I have to live with it?

EDIT: THIS HAS BEEN SOLVED. PLEASE LOCK/DELETE.

*Found the Avatar Morph Script also implemented by the same Mod. (Sorry I am noop)
Post edited by Ohmega on

Comments

• RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    @Ohmega just curious, what did you do?
  • OhmegaOhmega Member Posts: 35
    edited January 2016
    @Rodrian

Load your game, the game will reset your avatar to whichever class appropriately displays the armour you've equipped (i.e. Studded Leather gets you the Thief model etc). This happens if you installed the: "Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)" option from the BG2 Tweak Pack.

Turn ON the Party AI in bottom right corner. (Make sure it is ON)

Go to Record Page for the Character you want to modify the appearance of. (Select Char + R)

Click Customise -> Click Script. (Brings up the Script menu)

In the left hand panel select the "Avatar Morphing Script" (it should show up in the Right Hand Panel) and click Done and Done again. (For me, this is the 3rd option down - after "None" and "SCS Ease-of-Use-AI". For non-SCS and only BG2 Tweak Pack it will probably be the 2nd option down.) This option is only available if you installed the: "Avatar Morphing Script" from the BG2 Tweak Pack.

Go back to your Game. (Press G or ESC) And hit the S Key. This will start a dialogue.

Follow the Options in the Dialogue Window to change the appearance of your Avatar.

N.B. You will likely have to redo the Dialogue Window each time you re-Load your game but you will keep the AI script. So, future loads go: Load Game, Select Character, Hit 'S', Follow Command Promts. Pretty easy.

N.B. You can toggle off the AI script (using the button in the bottom right corner) after you've used it to adjust your appearance without it undoing your appearance or removing the Script you've applied to your character.

Edit: This is a very specific fix, if you're having problems with this Error for other components of the mod then this will not help you. I guess this would be helpful to know for people that 'just installed everything' and wanted control of their Avatar's appearance again.
    Rodrian
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    edited January 2016
    @Ohmega Very exhaustive guide! :smile:
    But when you said "THIS HAS BEEN SOLVED", I thought about that specific error you received firstly..
    I'm afraid, I was aware of this script (and how it works) before, but thank you anyway! :relaxed:

[Edit]
    Ohmega said:

(...) Found the Avatar Morph Script also implemented by the same Mod.

Just saw this.. NOW it all makes sense.
  • OhmegaOhmega Member Posts: 35
    Rodrian said:

@Ohmega Very exhaustive guide! :smile:

I mostly wrote it in case someone else has the same issue but is unaware of the morph script. Hopefully this helps them. Sometimes these come up on Google searches etc.
    Rodrian