Skip to content

[Request] Quest XP?

sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I just remembered XP for quests were split amongst your party in BG1, while completing the big events in BG2 gave each party member the same bonus XP.

There a way we could get this implemented in BG:EE? I always hated I felt like I needed to use just one or two guys before I picked up other NPCs so I could maximize on potential XP. I felt I was punished for rolling with a party because it'd take til well after Nashkel before a party of 6 hits level 3, or you could just use two guys, stroll through the Basilisk den and all the sudden your whole party will automatically join at 3 or better.

Comments

• ST4TICStrikerST4TICStriker Member Posts: 162
    edited September 2012
    Yeah I would like to see this too, it would also be nice for multiplayer.
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    however I dont think this was much of an issue for me, I always had about 4-5 party members quite early on, because there is more of you, killing the lower level creatures wasnt too hard. the game is easily completed with 6 party members, but I can see your issue and I think the addition of main event xp given to everyone is a good request.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    I think you will run into the experience cap if you finish everything in the game even with 6 party members through out the game.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited September 2012
    I'm not registering what the issue is. If your group is given 1200 XP to split, or each character is given 200 XP individually, what's the difference?

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

You have more than enough firepower with a group of 6 level 1 and 2 characters, for the mines. One of the best parts about D&D is that even at level 1 you have exciting adventures. The last thing I want is to make this game more like every other game where they try to get you away from level 1 as fast as possible.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389

I'm not registering what the issue is. If your group is given 1200 XP to split, or each character is given 200 XP individually, what's the difference?

The difference is if you do that with 2 people, each of them gains 600 XP which is a significant amount toward the next level. Giving each of them 200 apiece is equivalent to killing a medium encounter monster and that's just not good enough.