Skip to content

Stupid Question re: The Black Pits

ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Am I reading this right and it's *only* for player-created parties, or can the in-game Bhaalspawn-led party do this too?

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Pretty sure your game party can do it. Well, I imagine that it'll be like Icewind Dale (HoW). You can either play it during the original campaign, or you can import your victory party into it.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    You're reading it correctly. The Black Pits adventure is separate from the rest of the game.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    It's sort of like @Ward says. You can import your regular BG party into it from a save, or you can create a new party for it. You can't access it in-game from any point the main BG storyline though.
    @Shin I wonder if a n00bie party will be strong enough to beat the pits. I wonder if you can solo it and then use the CHARNAME who beats the pits for the main story.

I assume it will be for a lvl 10 party.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited September 2012
    @Ward It'll likely be over the heads of a fresh party as it's designed as a combat challenge - but with clever use of game mechanics people will likely come up with ways to beat it, even solo. That you can then use that character for the main story seems very probable as you can currently import any kind of character you want into BG1.

It might make for a cool-enough RP background actually, that your character had a childhood of fighting in gladiatorial pits.. but it would also make big parts of BG1 a non-challenge.
    @Shin "No, I won't let you sacrifice CHARNAME to Bhaal...
    ...I'll take him to Candlekeep and make him fight for his dinner!".

GORION IS EVIL!
  • CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    I think the xp rate will be quite high, allowing a level 1 party to grow in power rapidly. I'm also expecting a noticable difference in difficulty between each two or three of the 15 levels in The Black Pits.