Skip to content

Founder's Package, Collector's Edition, or Ultimate Fanboy Deal?

SyvishtarSyvishtar Member Posts: 1
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Is there any way that we could get the option to give you guys more money, via some sort of package that lets us truly appreciate the amount of entertainment that the BG series has given us over the years? BG1 and 2 are honestly the most entertaining games that I have ever played and I've gotten thousands of hours of enjoyment from them. I recently bought the Founder's Package of Mechwarrior Online just because mechs are awesome. I'd be happy to buy an equivalently-priced package from you guys in order to show my support and get some cool swag. Is there anything like that in the works?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Currently I think the only way is to simply order more copies.
    It's a good idea though. In a special package with physical products they'd probably have to sell a certain number to make a profit (which they probably would), but there's a lot of digital - or even anecdotal, such as insights into the BG creation process from people who were involved, e.g. Trent Oster explaining the background to the golden pantaloons - content that could likely be made for cheap and be of interest.
  • LockLock Member Posts: 84
    edited September 2012
    It occurred to me that I might buy copies as gifts for all of my friends - that would achieve the same thing (except I wouldn't get anything out of it..)
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    I want a physical collector's edition. :D
  • MrKrisSatanMrKrisSatan Member Posts: 75
    I want a physical collectors edition with a cloth map, special gaming dice in a bag, sound track, making of dvd, game on a usb stick and surprise me with everything else in the box but make it awesome!
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 267
    edited September 2012
    in the recent podcast i heard from one of the Devs, he said basically he ONLY has the rights to distribute the game digitally, that's it not physical components whatsoever, no cool USB instal thumb drive, no collectors manual, not cloth map , nothing.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    There were negotiations for a physical copy, but they broke down at some point and are now in indefinite Limbo.

So, alas, no fancy schmancy collector's edition for the moment. Maybe when both BG and BG2 Enhanced Edition are out and have sold trillions.