Skip to content

[Dupe, #11815]Party member acts as though selected

FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
edited January 2016 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
I'm playing BG2EE on Windows 10.

I noticed while playing BG1EE that a party member that I did not select would occassionaly say their selected dialog without me having selected them. I'm sorry for not reporting that minor bug, it wasn't causing me any problems.

Now I have a game that's behaving strangely. I have 6 party members with this lineup: Keldorn, Valygar, Anomen, Mazzy, [CHARNAME], Jan.

The game keeps acting like I selected Mazzy about once a second (as though I was tapping the "4" key). I'm not sure if this is a bug on my system or a game bug. I have a save game I'm happy to provide. I do have one mod installed: the tweak pack for gibberlings 3 (I think I enabled max HP on level up, automatic spell learning and multiple strongholds for matched classes).

I restarted bg2ee and loaded the save game and I noticed this was still happening. I am just wrapping up the slavers quest in the slums (freeing the slaves in the big ship).
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
    On a whim I tried moving Mazzy to a different slot which didn't make a difference. Actually it seems like sleeping at the Inn in the slums cleared it up. Maybe it had something to do the effects on her (exhausted?)
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @FredSRichardson, this happened to me long ago way before EE as well, some strange looping thing.
    Now with EE in win7 64bit, I get occasional member suddenly speaking as if selected for no apparent reason.
    Luckily it is occasional .. maybe they are feeling left out? I usual use 1-3 more often then those in 4-6 ...
    Frankly, I was happier with patch 1.2xx even the pathfinding is not as jammed as now.
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322

On a whim I tried moving Mazzy to a different slot which didn't make a difference. Actually it seems like sleeping at the Inn in the slums cleared it up. Maybe it had something to do the effects on her (exhausted?)

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/39703
    ?
  • FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
    Yes, that's it, I unziped and moved the BCS file from Gate70 post into my overrides folder and set this variable via console and that fixed the problem (confirmed after resting and casting a few haste spells at night to get Mazzy fatigued again):
    C:SetGlobal("BMazzy1","LOCALS",0)
This discussion has been closed.