Skip to content

Why I really pre-ordered

verdegreenverdegreen Member Posts: 32
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
...and why I hope others will too. The game comes out in a week's time and I can't wait. It brings back a lot of great childhood memories, really beginning my experiences as life-long PC gamer, and I'm sure a lot of you here here feel the same way and reminisce with the same sense of fondness.

But why I really bought it -- and why I hope you will make that decision now -- is to show my financial support for the future of this franchise (read: the possibility of BG3). I know many of you here are already big fans; let's make it happen!

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    That's pretty much what I did as soon as pre-orders were available. No hanging around sitting on the fence for me!
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Same here. I'm tired of paying $49.99 (or more) for a game I don't like - I'm looking at you TOR - and wanted to re-visit greatness
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    We bought it because we want to live through it again....its like setting the reality aside for a moment, and as we all know, this moment is the very place where we want to be...
    Damn! few beers more and I'll start to write poems:)
  • EidolonEidolon Member Posts: 99
    I bought the EE for the exact same reason. Baldur's Gate is by and far my favorite game, and the EE means I get to relive that again. Furthermore, I', showing my financial support for future endeavors. This world needs more Infinity Engine games, and less quick cash grab faceless games that offer you 10 hours of playtime.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    I bought it because Baldur's Gate 1 is my all time favorite and it is an opportunity for me to experience it all over again with the bonus of a never-seen before content or in other words ---> New Experience With Baldur's Gate.

Supporting any future product is just a bonus.

• Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    I bought BG:ee because of BG:ee.
    And I`ll buy BG2:ee for the same reason.
    If BG3 happens then I`ll probably buy that too but that it might get made had no impact on me pre-ordering BG:ee.