Skip to content

Persistent Imoen from BG1 into BG2 (start of BG2 spoiler)

PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Thieves can use spell scrolls. Maybe she picked up a Scroll of Magic Missile out of the rubble on her way out. There's no plot-related reason she has to be dual classed to a mage at all, and BG2 could certainly use another thief, or at least a thief/mage with usable thieving skills.

Comments

• aldainaldain Member Posts: 313
    PugPug said:

Thieves can use spell scrolls. Maybe she picked up a Scroll of Magic Missile out of the rubble on her way out. There's no plot-related reason she has to be dual classed to a mage at all, and BG2 could certainly use another thief, or at least a thief/mage with usable thieving skills.

She's taken to Spellhold. There'd be no reason for that to occur if she just carried a bunch of scrolls... they'd take all the scrolls and toss her in a regular dungeon, or, given medieval "justice", just behead her on the spot. You'd essentially break the early plot by doing this.

However: Overhaul has confirmed (or as close to confirmed as we're going to get for now) that there'll be at least one new thief in BG2:EE, so all is not lost. It won't be a persistent Imoen though.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    @aldain has a point, whereas shes taken to spellhold, but I do agree that Imoen would be a good thief, and I kind of wish that bg2ee characters where altered based on what you did in #bgee, including, but not limited to whose with you in Irenicus's dungeon, any dual classes, experience, etc.

But the problem is changing all of that might alter the story slightly which I don't think they can do contractually.
    Perhaps somebody can make a MOD though.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    OK, well even if she has to be a thief/mage, at least let us import her thieving skills from BG1.

Even if you never dual classed her and she starts as a level 1 mage, by the time you get her back in Spellhold, the party will be high enough level that she'll have her thieving abilities back.