Skip to content

Build Version Questions for BG:EE and BG2:EE

I've searched the forums and I'm having no luck finding the information that I need. I own BG2:EE on Android, so I know the latest build is v1.3.2064, I'm curious if anyone knows if the Beta build happens to be v1.3.2070? The only information I can find on BG:EE's build is that it's v1.3. The reason I am asking is because I'm trying to play with another person and they said that their build version is v1.3.2070. Is it possible that they're playing BG:EE instead of BG2:EE? I would ask him but I can't get into contact with him at the moment and I can't find anything about a v1.3.2070 build for either game.

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    Does sound like Beta, both BG:EE and BG2:EE releases should have lower numbers. Unless it's different on other platforms?

I'm running 1.2.2064 same as you, and I'm on PC.
  • VileDespiseVileDespise Member Posts: 17
    edited February 2016
    I just figured out that the latest stable build for BG:EE is in fact v1.3.2070 so he has the original game.

An based off of what you've told me all of the Enhanced Edition releases for the games follow suite as far as the patching goes. I'm using Android and you're on PC, we're both on the same patch so it's good to know that the patching across platforms is kept up to date.

Something else that I'm curious about is Multiplayer cross-platform. I know that Multiplayer is played through either the TCP/IP protocol or the Beamdog.net protocol. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the server Beamdog uses as a protocol for Multiplayer is probably the same across all of the platforms and the TCP/IP protocol is just using your IP address which is universal, so is the potential for cross-platform play there? Forgive me if this has already been discussed on the forums, I didn't take the time to search it as I just thought about it while replying to this thread.

Edit: Seeing as Multiplayer is buggy, or at least that is the vibe I've picked up due to the numerous bug reports as far as Multiplayer game play goes. Is it safe to say that there is no cross-platform support as of now, but it is potentially a feature that will be implemented in the future? I just think that would be cool and there isn't really any advantage to playing on the PC as opposed to an Android or iOS device. In fact I actually prefer playing on my phone, I've grown quite fond of being able to use a touchscreen to play the game as it feels more fluid, seeing as I don't seem to suffer from the "touchscreen accuracy" bug. Anyways, at this point I'm just rambling on and wasting precious kilobytes of bandwidth with each character I add to this post, lol. Any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated, and much thanks is given in advance.
    Post edited by VileDespise on