Skip to content

EEkeeper newb requesting assistance on questions that have probably been answered a lot.

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
Okai
So
I after I finish the Krynn Gold Box Games I want to play IWD:EE on my PC again rather than my iPhone. I want to use EEkeeper to personalize my characters and break rules and other such things.

Thing the first: How would I properly change race? Example I want to make a Gnome Bard. Do I just make a Half-Elf Bard, go into EEkeeper and change the race and character model to gnome and be done with it or do I need to edit things like innate thieving values?

Thing the second: Can I add innate abilities using EEkeeper? Example could I give a character animate dead as a special ability that scales with their character level.

Thing the third: So in 2e PnP Drow lose their magic resistance slowly on the surface but regain in the Underdark. When my characters venture deep underground is there a way I could go into EEkeeper and give the psuedo-Drow his magic resistance back and then remove it later when he's back on the surface?

I know I could probably figure most of this out by messing with the program but I don't want to break anything.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited February 2016
    Vallmyr said:

Thing the first: How would I properly change race? Example I want to make a Gnome Bard. Do I just make a Half-Elf Bard, go into EEkeeper and change the race and character model to gnome and be done with it or do I need to edit things like innate thieving values?

that's how I would do it, and when you grow up a level your saving throw bonuses might retroactively adjust to that of a gnome, ( i've seen such things in vanilla bg before) but worse case scenario you might just keep getting the half-elf bonus, when it comes to the thief values they will probably still be the half-elf ones, so if you truly want the gnome bonuses you will have to do some homework on what those are and then change them manually, but will that wreck your game? nay

Vallmyr said:

Thing the second: Can I add innate abilities using EEkeeper? Example could I give a character animate dead as a
    special ability that scales with their character level.

yes you can add innate abilities using EE keeper, but if you want them as a special ability it has to be something that already exists in the game, so if you want animate dead as a special ability you will have to see if there is an animate dead that falls under the "special ability" effect, and again giving your characters special abilities probably wont crash the game unless its supposed to only happen during a certain trigger, so what I would suggest, if you find an ability you like, give it to your guy, open your game, save the game and try it out, if it freezes/crashes the game it wont work, and if not, then you should be good to go
    Vallmyr said:

Thing the third: So in 2e PnP Drow lose their magic resistance slowly on the surface but regain in the Underdark. When my characters venture deep underground is there a way I could go into EEkeeper and give the psuedo-Drow his magic resistance back and then remove it later when he's back on the surface?

as far as I know, that PnP rule doesn't apply to IWD, it definitely doesn't affect BG, so I think you will be safe on that, in BG1 viconia has 50% MR through out the whole game, and in BG2 she has 65% MR through out the whole game, so I wouldn't rely on seeing it change at all in IWD
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Vallmyr said:

Pretty much just that. Race-based thief bonuses and shorty saves should update when you level up, so it's a good idea to start at lvl 1 and add the current amount of XP so you level.
    Vallmyr said:

Thing the second: Can I add innate abilities using EEkeeper? Example could I give a character animate dead as a special ability that scales with their character level.

You cannot create new abilities with EEKeeper. You need a proper Infinity Engine editor like Near Infinity. You can add existing innate abilities, but you CAN'T make an ability that is not normally innate (for example, a Cleric spell) into an innate ability with EEKeeper.
    Vallmyr said:

You can do that manually, yes, but not automatically. I.e., you would need to edit in the MR when you enter the Underdark, then edit it out again when you leave. That works fine. It disappearing on its own when you leave will NOT work.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Thanks guys! I'll look into messing with it on the weekend. It will probs be a while before I beat the Krynn series but at least when I do I can begin IWD:EE and maybe finally beat the expansion. I plan to do a full run. I've done the OC but it was a long time ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.