Skip to content

Problem with Beorn/Guello Expanded Quest

Hi, i read on the forum that this quest has been expanded/fixed.

Expanded Guello/Beorn Quest
When you speak with the deep gnomes, they actually ask for two things--that you kill Shikata and his salamander kin (thus freeing Guello) and also to stop the umber hulks that are digging and searching for their hidden enclave. Guello will now reward you for both tasks instead of just one of them. Note that this also restores a wave of umber hulks in Tarnelm's oubliette, making the battle here a bit tougher.

Nevertheless, I don't seem to receive any extra XP for killing the Unber Hulks. I save Guello and he returns to Beorn, but when I speak to Beorn he says something along the line of "Thank you for saving Guello, now we just have to wait for the Umber Hulks to pass by". But even after I killed all the Umber Hulks (even in the Malavon Dome) the dialogue doesn't change and no XP.
What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I think you need to go into the area that the umber hulks have dug out, and guello/beorn follows you in there and they can be found in that new area some where, try that out
  • Thank you for answering. Alas, I already tried that before and after killing Malavon to no results, sigh... no more Umber Hulks anywhere.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605

Thank you for answering. Alas, I already tried that before and after killing Malavon to no results, sigh... no more Umber Hulks anywhere.

Try to go there with the whole party, and stop for few seconds. I noticed that the Umber Hulks ambush happens only when the party is there entirely
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Daevelon said:

Thank you for answering. Alas, I already tried that before and after killing Malavon to no results, sigh... no more Umber Hulks anywhere.

Try to go there with the whole party, and stop for few seconds. I noticed that the Umber Hulks ambush happens only when the party is there entirely
    Not in my last run through. I only had two characters protected from confusion, so I left the other four back in the oubliette and the ambush triggered with only two characters.